house insurance.

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
princess peach
Andalucia Guru

house insurance.

Postby princess peach » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:10 am

We have house insurance with the same bank we have the mortgage with,However im wondering about changing it,as i think its expensive 457.20 euros per year. :?
Can anyone give me an idea of what they pay,if you dont want to give me a figure please just put higher or lower than mine.

anis
Resident

Re: house insurance.

Postby anis » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:24 am

That seems rather high PP by comparison with the ones we have paid. A town house we had was 200 with a bank, but little in terms of contents cover was needed although it was provided for. That was a three bedroom property but mega contents cover would not have taken it that high.
Perhaps your contents cover is pushing it up. I have to have higher public liabilty on others, so it's no use in my comparing those for you.

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:52 pm

mine is just over half of your bill :!:
But insurance depends 'mostly' on the amount of cover. you would need to compare buildings value, contents value, specified and non specifed valuables (your tiaras and gold bangles!). :D
ádh mór ort agus sláinte.....
(Good luck and good health)!

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:20 pm

Friends of mine arranged a mortgage 2 years ago, and one condition of the mortgage agreement was that they had to place the building insurance with that bank. It is possible to change but the penalty was severe and they also could withdraw the mortgage. The phrase with "short and curlies" springs to mind, but I can only suggest you get another couple of quotes ( in writing) and take them to your bank manager, maybe he will be kind to you, especially with your new haircut. Can I have a photo please? I have just had some disturbing news from the hospital and I could do with a laugh. :)
My brain works like lightning -one flash and it's gone

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:55 am

mmm,i think you may be right about conditions Alan..but i will ask anyway the next time i go into the bank,see what they say.Thanks everyone,and NO alan you cant have a photo :D

sick and tired
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sick and tired » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:30 pm

our insurance is with the bank(solbank) and it is content and building 350 euro.recently needed to claim for broken unit in the patio door.phoned in the morning the engineer was there same day unit fitted in 10 days.outstanding service no excess nothing to pay, job done.i have heard of people waiting months for a resolution to a problem with cheaper insurance policies and i think it can be the old adage you get what you pay for.