A thank you

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

A thank you

Postby hillybilly » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:03 pm

I would like to offer my sincere and heartfelt thanks to all the staff and customers at BricoMart in Sevilla this morning who didn't lift a finger to help but nonetheless enjoyed the spectator sport created by me struggling in the pouring rain and driving wind to load 3 internal doors into the back of my van whilst doors to said van repeatedly blew shut and the trolley laden with the remaining doors kept sailing off across the carpark in the wind.
A special mention must go the the fine gentleman sat in his car, revving his engine, wanting me to move the door-laden trolley so that he could pass by (because of course there were only another dozen routes he could have taken round the car park) and then eversohelpfully blasted on his horn as I was halfway in the van with door number 2, trying to hold the van door open with my foot. He blasted on his horn to alert me to the fact that the trolley and remaining door had taken off across the carpark again.
To all those people who enjoyed watching me struggle and get soaking wet, I rain a thousand curses on your DIY projects. May your paint curdle, your shelves collapse, your doors warp, your lights fuse, your plumbing leak and your woodburners explode. In the nicest possible way.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: A thank you

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:08 pm

Maybe someone has video'd it, and you will be in all your glory on YouTube or even "You've Been Framed"! Sounds like you should set up a new company - Keystone Kops Kollections... :D
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:50 pm

ha has ha ha sorry mate but you have got me in tears here, not in sorrow i add, ha ha i just posted a thread that we should all smile ha ha i think you have just got us all doing just that,well smile nooooo i'm on the floor with me legs up in the air, ha ha ha

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:52 pm

:lol: :lol:

I guess you weren't wearing your mini skirt today Hilly? :wink:

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:51 pm

Paula wrote:I guess you weren't wearing your mini skirt today Hilly? :wink:
Darn it! That's where I went wrong!

geegee
Resident

Postby geegee » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:49 pm

:lol: :lol: . So sorry to laugh at your misfortune but loved the curses! I count myself a feminist but on a pragmatic level am more than willing to take advantage of the limited brain power of the nearest man when I need a hand - its amazing what a bit of leg and a helpless smile can do (oops better get prepared and shave them then and get the fake tan out) so yep, remember that mini skirt next time Hilly.

I once helped out a guy at Bauhaus who was struggling a very long bendy thing and could not handle that and his car door at the same time..and before your minds start working overtime it was a plastic trim of some sort :wink: . He was so shocked that someone had offered help, and a WOMAN at that, he couldn't have been more profusive in his thanks. Nothing like leading by example!

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:09 pm

Nah, I've seen these woman parked on double yellows outside B&Q with both doors open blocking everything from moving in the car park causing total gridlock, sod'em I say and give them a beep as well.
They should all be banned from DIY stores anyway because there's not one of them that could put a screw in straight :shock:

Thank you for listening :wink:
DA
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:45 pm

Oh dear fighting talk :shock:

Not with me of course, I'm exactly as you describe :D

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:06 pm

I think it's his "economy drive reminiscing" back to the good old days. Getting him frisky :)
Either that or too much pork pie.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:19 pm

Judging by the size of that pie bet he looks pregnant too :lol:

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:58 pm

sorry girls, it was to good to miss, very rude of me, but you must aliow at my age to reminisce,ha ha its the tablets you see,

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:04 pm

The tablets you are so obviously not taking you mean? :wink:

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:29 pm

you know what Paula, it could be the pie, will have to put less all spice in the next one, he he he