NEW - Non Resident tax declaration /payment

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
SpanishBlue
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: NEW - Non Resident tax declaration /payment

Postby SpanishBlue » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:49 pm

Thanks Beachcomber. I suspected as much, but hearing it from you has confirmed it. :wink:

costapacket
Resident

Postby costapacket » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:45 pm

I was going to get my fiscal rep to do all this for me but thanks to all the advice on here I have been able to download and complete form 210 myself YAY!!

Now the problem is I am not due to be in Spain until Feb 2010. What will happen if I postpone paying this years tax until then, will it cause me problems? The other idea I had was posting the completed forms to my banks and letting them deal with it. The idea being I would know if it had been paid by looking at my bank statement. What do you think?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:38 pm

If you mean the payment of tax for the fiscal year of 2009 you have until the end of 2010 but if you are talking about paying the tax for 2008 it must be done by the end of this year. If you pay late you may well end up with a fine.

Is there no-one you know in Spain to whom you could send the forms and the payment and get them to do it for you?

If you send the forms to your bank with an authority to withdraw the funds to pay the tax it would show on your bank account but it is a bit of a hit and miss way to do it.

Do they know you well enough at the bank for you to telephone them first and explain what you plan to do?
Let's go Brandon!

costapacket
Resident

Postby costapacket » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:58 pm

It is for 2008 so I will have to get a move on. There is someone I could ask, if they are in Spain at the moment. Failing that I might phone up Solbank tomorrow and see what they advise.

I appreciate all the advice, thank you.

costapacket
Resident

Postby costapacket » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:48 pm

Well I have someone who is willing to take my forms to the bank for me but I had filled the form in as if I was taking it to the bank. So now I've printed it off again and on the 210 there is a section Representants del Contribuyente but if they don't have a NIF number will that matter or should I just leave all that blank?

Also on the payment section is it my signature, because it's my bank account, or their signature and then tick representative?

And finally I could fill in my bank details on the Ingreso section, no problem, or do you think because someone else is taking the forms I should send a cheque with the forms to minimise any problems but then who do I make a cheque payable too?

Oh dear I'm full of self doubt now perhaps I should send a blank copy and if there is anything on the forms the bank don't like then they can fill another set in. :roll:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:29 pm

Don't make any reference to a representative, just leave it blank.

The forms must be signed by you and it would be very much easier if you could just give them the cash to pay on your behalf or an 'al portador' cheque which they could cash to take out the funds from your account with which to pay.

Are you the sole owner of the property? Don't forget that a form 210 must be completed for each owner named in the escritura.
Let's go Brandon!

costapacket
Resident

Postby costapacket » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:15 pm

Oh thanks so much. I think I'm almost there! Will do what you say re the cheque. Many thanks 8)

Beryl1914
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Beryl1914 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:19 pm

Hi Beach just had an email from my solicitor about the Tax. Beach we have no details or receipts to worl from past years. beach our place is in Zalea campo which I am sure you know, so Alora would be our Tax office like yours. Beach do you think the solicitor would give me the details so we can fill the 210 forms out ourselves?
Cheers :oops:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 pm

I don't think your lawyer will give you details if you tell him you want them to fill in the 210 forms. Instead, tell him you would like a copy of previous years tax returns for your records together with any other papers in respect of your property.

If you don't have an IBI receipt go to your local Town Hall and ask for a copy. If no IBI receipt is available use half of the escritura value as the base amount.
Let's go Brandon!

costapacket
Resident

Postby costapacket » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:06 pm

I have copies of my old modelo 214 since 2003. I am a non resident. My solicitor filled them in for 3 years and under the section Liquidacion. Impuesto sobre la Renta de no Residentes - Tipo de gravamen he put 25% in and since then my fiscal rep has also used 25%. :? Is this right?

Going off previous posts I thought you were saying it should be 24% or am I getting muddled up?
Also put GB in box 1 02 in box 2 and 826 in box 3.
What does the 826 in box 3 stand for? On the instructions in english from the link to Mijas Ayuntamiento instructions they are saying to put 954 in there but they don't say what it stands for. :?

Thanks again :D

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:36 pm

The tax payable has been 24% since 2007 prior to which it was 25%.

826 and 954 refers to the currency exchange. 826 is sterling and 954 euros. When I first enquired about this at the tax office I was told that for a non-resident outside of the eurozone the currency code of the country of residence should be used which is 826 for a UK resident.

I have been using 826 on forms 210 for several returns each year since the mid 1980s for owners of more than one property and it has never been queried.

If 954 has to be used because you are actually paying in euros what is the point in having a list of other options? Anyway, I don't think it really makes a lot of difference.
Let's go Brandon!

costapacket
Resident

Postby costapacket » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:58 pm

Thank you so much Beachcomber you have put my mind at rest now. Hopefully the whole set of forms will be in the post tomorrow and I'll never have to clap eyes on them again....well until next year :?

sodipop
Tourist

Postby sodipop » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:57 am

Sorry for the late resurrection of this great thread.

My wife and I are off to Spain this week and whilst we are there we are going to submit our 210 Forms (as we are joint owners) for 2008. We only just found out that we had to do this and reading through this execllent thread has given us lots of useful information so thanks to all (especially Beachcomber).

I have a question about the base imponible that I am unsure about and would appreciate some clarification on. We have only owned our property for the last 22 out of the 52 weeks in 2008.

Do we take 1.1% of the full valor catastral and write this in box 4 before calculating the percentages that we are each responsible for (pro rata)?
Or do we work out our pro rata responsibility percentages of the VC first then write the figure in?

Hope I've made myself clear, if no joy we will have to ask at the tax office as we need to register first.

Thanks

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:24 pm

Box 4 is the base imponible and this is the figure upon which the percentage of 24% is taken.

Therefore you take 1,1% of the valor catastral, divide that figure by 366 (2008 was a leap year) then multiply it by the number of days you owned the property.

This is the amount (divided by 2 if there are two joint owners) that you enter in Box 4 on each of your forms.

You may find this online calculator handy:

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html
Let's go Brandon!

sodipop
Tourist

Postby sodipop » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:03 pm

Many thanks for the prompt reply and the link Beachcomber, your a star!!!

Merry Christmas

kingy0

Postby kingy0 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:33 am

Hi This is a question aimed at the old 210 form. I have not paid this tax and am trying to do so myself.
the new 2011 form does not seem a problem and I have managed to change settings on computer and completed that form.

I have also completed the old 210 forms for 2009 and 2010 and intended taking them all to the bank on Monday to pay. Having read these old posts and never having paid the tax do you still have to register and get the sticky labels to put on the old forms?

Andy

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:47 am

Yes, you need labels for the old forms. If you have not yet registered with AEAT you will need to do so. Even though you do not need labels for the new form it will not be accepted by the bank unless you are registered with AEAT. All owners named in the escritura need to be registered.

If you are already registered with an address at which you received mail you can apply for labels online here:

https://aeat.es/etidomic.html
Let's go Brandon!

kingy0

Postby kingy0 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi Beach, what do we need to take AEAT to register? cant do it now until Feb as returning to UK Tuesday, why do they make it so difficult to pay taxes? thanks for all your help and the info to change settings was invaluable

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:26 pm

Take your passport and NIE certificate plus copies to your local AEAT office. There is an online application form but it can be a little confusing. It is best to leave it to the clerk to give you the necessary form to fill in.

You could try the bank on Monday but I am certain that they will not be able to process your declarations.
Let's go Brandon!

kingy0

Postby kingy0 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:07 pm

:? Thanks again Beach, I have now seen the 030 form and yes for my level of Spanish it is a little confusing, will try to get it done Monday but failing that as I have yet to pay previously probably wont make much difference if I do it when next out in Feb as I am go back to UK Tuesday, I can then also pay 2012!!! Andy