NEW - Non Resident tax declaration /payment

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
jemol
Tourist

Re: NEW - Non Resident tax declaration /payment

Postby jemol » Thu May 07, 2009 3:48 pm

Sunseeker1

Can you let us have the link to the UK site who will do this for €20 - sounds good.

sunseeker1
Tourist

Postby sunseeker1 » Thu May 07, 2009 6:11 pm

As requested www.spanishtaxforms.co.uk

Does anybody know if I can get my stickers from any tax office or do I have to go to my local one?

beachbabe
Resident

Postby beachbabe » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:21 am

I am sorry but just a point of clarification required, if possible.

I am just about to complete my form 210 for the first time, taking over from Gestor. I have looked at the adjustment tables and we have not had a revaluation since 2003 when we purchased. We are non resident and rented it out for 12 weeks in 2008. Is this my calculation:

Apartment purchase cost €100,000

50% of purchase price = €50,000

(12/52)*€50,000 = €11,538.46

€11,538.46 * 1.1% = €126.92

€126.92 * 25% = €31.73 tax due.

Many thanks all.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:18 am

Do you not have a 'valor catastral?

If you are going to declare your actual rental income separately you must do this on a monthly basis paying tax at 24% of the actual rental income and pay the rest of the year pro rata at 24% of 1,1% of the valor catastral.
Let's go Brandon!

beachbabe
Resident

Postby beachbabe » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:07 am

I pay quarterly tax at 24% on gross rental income on form 215, when the apartment has tenants

For form 210 do i calculate the factor using the the weeks it was occupied by paying tenants or the weeks it was unoccupied/occupied by us.

We have had problems in paying IBI as there was a mix up at the town hall on identifying parcels of land.

I have recently paid IBI and backdated fines etc. On my Carta de pago form the following values are given:

Valor catastral: 19,526.65
Valor Catastral suelo: 436.65
Base liquidable: 13,200.02

Which figure should i use. I assume my gestor was using a pre IBI estimate when he took 50% of the purchase price.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:40 am

On form 210 you calculate the weeks that the property was not actually rented so if it was rented for twelve weeks you pay for the remaining forty weeks, ie total valor catastral/52*40

Use this as the base and don't forget to do a separate declaration for each person named in the escritura.

You only use half the escritura value when no valor catastral is available.
Let's go Brandon!

beachbabe
Resident

Postby beachbabe » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:47 am

So based on my previous post i should just use the valor catastral of €19,526.65?

Thanks for the help.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:56 am

No, use the total valor catastral, 19.963,30 to which you apply 40/52 not 12/52, ie divided by fifty two weeks multiplied by forty weeks and it's 24% not 25%.
Let's go Brandon!

beachbabe
Resident

Postby beachbabe » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:49 pm

Many thanks for your help. The final bill's so low its hardly worth spending the time, and printing the paper! gawd knows why i paid my gestor so much.

thank goodness i don't have to pay wealth tax this year. That would have been another 2 hours!

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:43 am

Filled in my 210 and will pay at the bank tomorrow. Do you put any info on the envelopes?
Cannot remember from last year with the 214's.
If I don't receive any answers here I will ask at the bank. They speak good English and will hopefully tell me.
I paid a bill last year and it ended up being for termite treatment!!!!!!

Apparently the Town Hall took it upon themselves to send a bill for some work done in the town to everyone but then had to repay it, luckily the bank put them right and so am hoping to get a refund of 26.40, however I will not hold my breath.
The bank has also set up a direct debit for my IBI, for some mad reason, don't ask, I though the termite bill was my IBI as it came at the right time and my IBI never showed up.
I have now paid this but am quite ashamed as I have never been behind with my bill in my whole life, and have had to pay interest of 76c and a fine of 4.30e. :oops:

However to look on the plus side, I have had a refund from Endesa of 3.44e, for interuptions to our supply. It seems like there were 29 incidents over 2008, all listed by date and the off times, all of them for much less than an hour. Never seems to happen with the water company though!
I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:47 am

Put a sticky label in the space provided on the envelope. Put a tick next to 'A Ingresar' and fill in 'Delegación' 'Administración de' and Código'.
Let's go Brandon!

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:47 pm

Just a very Quick P.S. to show my apreciation to Beach - Thanks Beach !
Today I went to the Bank with the apropriatly filled in Modulo 210 forms taken from the internet

http://www.agenciatributaria.es/AEAT/Co ... od210e.pdf

In and out in 10 Minutes - all checked, paid and forwaded to the tax office, duely stamped - reciept in hand. The counter guy was well impressed withthe accuracy of the form and made no alterations all due singularly to this thread. He even commented that he has to correct so many that he handles.

That has efectively saved me 300E that my Gester would have charged - so thats a drink for you Beach, well earned !
Oh bugga - Wifes just come back with a new golf club - only 300E. Win some - loose some - sorry Beach !

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:45 pm

That's OK! Far better a new gold club than putting €300 unnecessarily into someone else's pocket. Image
Let's go Brandon!

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:40 pm

A thanks also from me to Beachcomber.

Got a grumpy git in Granada tax office this time unfortunately and he wouldn't even check the forms over for us or check our calculations, funny how a special section for non-residents doesn't speak any English. however I was as stubborn as he was and at least got him to check the payment was right.

Our nice English speaking bank clerk looked at the forms, looked at us and said he'd never seen them before and what did our gestoria want him to do with them!
Told him we'd done them ourselves, had paid the 214's last year with no problems but he was not sure at all.
He made a couple of phone calls, then charged down the street to a gestoria's, charged back again in a couple of minutes looking very pleased and saying it was sorted
So at least he'd learned something new and we've paid up.

Cost of tax forms 3 euros, tax paid 21 euros, cost of faffing about.....priceless
I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:17 pm

Sorry to bring this all up again :oops: , but as we're off to Spain on Thurs, I thought I'd better bite the bullet and fill out the form so we can deal with it while we're there. This has raised a few questions :) :

1. We have two plots, with two separate catastral refs, but only one plot has a property on it - I assume this is the one that we relate everything to ? (Presumably we're not expected to make any money on land with no property ? :wink: )

2. Having done the calculations as per previous instructions, the final result seems ridiculously low and I'm wondering if I've done something fundamentally wrong ! So here are the figures - would you be so kind as to check them ? :D

Valor Catastral from IBI receipt for 2008 : 5541.54
(this is made up of the valor catastral suelo & the valor catastral construccion)
We are joint owners, so dividing this by 2 = 2770.97.
I then applied the1.1% (our area was revised in 2006) which gave 30.48067.
24% of this is 7.315608, which appears to be how much we each have to pay :?

This is the first time we have done this, tho we have had the property (originally uninhabitable) since 2006. We will probably get clobbered for back payment, but if these figures are correct, it shouldn't be too much of a financial burden :lol:

3. I'm filling in the forms by hand - as we are not yet registered, am I right that it is best to leave all the name & address details blank until we have our etiquetas ? I think we will have to go to Antequera to get these, but we will enlist the help of our Spanish friend who knows about these things :D
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:44 pm

You need to complete one set of form 210 each for each plot so you will be submitting four 210s altogether.

Once you have your labels enter the same address on the forms. Enter details of each property respectively as per information on the IBI receipt, including the referencia catastral, under 'situación del inmueble'.
Let's go Brandon!

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:19 pm

Thanks Beach :D , but I'm afraid this has opened a whole new can of worms !

The only IBI receipt we have doesn't seem to have any catastral ref on it, at least, nothing that matches the ones on our catastral certs ! There's also only one receipt - now I'm getting worried that this receipt is for someone else's land !!

I think we might have to go and pay the Town Hall a visit before filling in our 210 :wink:

Can you just confirm that my basic calculations were correct, even tho they are probably based on entirely the wrong figures :?

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:11 pm

The catastro reference on the IBI receipt will have 20 digits..if the catastro certificates are for your property then the catastro reference on it is your catastro reference, you could check by entering the 20 digit number on your certificates into
https://ovc.catastro.meh.es/CYCBienInmu ... ultaBI.htm
to check that it is for your property...you will see the map and description.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:45 pm

Yes, I've done that - the ref on the IBI receipt can't be found on any of the maps, but the description of the property is nothing like ours ! We have the correct catastral certs with our escritura, so it looks like it's the Town Hall who has got their catastros in a twist :? :lol:

Our Spanish friend was the one who paid the IBI for us, when we found ourselves on the Malaga BOP site :oops: - the receipt has hubby's name & NIE no on it, it's just not the right bit of land ! We have emailed our friend and asked her to go to the Town Hall to try & get it sorted - we're out on Thurs anyway, but it doesn't leave much time before 30th June to get our renta paid.....

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:26 pm

The deadline only applies if you are declaring for two separate properties. If there is some doubt over one of them I would be inclined just to pay the non-resident tax on the one that you know is correct and include the other one next year when you have it sorted out.

That way you may well get away with the years you haven't declared for but if you submit two declarations outside of the time limit you are likely to get a fine for late payment.

The other alternative is to use the method where there is no valor catastral available in which case you take half of the escritura value as the base instead of the valor catastral. and under 'situación del inmueble' enter the correct location of the property and 'valor catastral no consta'

Your calculations are correct. Some of the amounts involved are ridiculously low. One declaration I did for someone resulted in a tax of €0,95, 55 centímos less than the cost of the form 210.
Let's go Brandon!