NEW - Non Resident tax declaration /payment

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
julian
Andalucia Guru

Re: NEW - Non Resident tax declaration /payment

Postby julian » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:07 am

why don´t you do your renta on the value of the property/s that are in your name in the catastro (even if in reality it is not your property)
that way there will be no alarm bells ringing at hacienda, they will preume it is all correct as they work on the info from the catastro
at least that way you can rest easy till you get the catastro sorted out correctly.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:30 am

The other alternative provided for in the regulations if you have no valor catastral is to use half of the escritura value as the base figure although Julian's suggestion is probably the better bet. If there is any problem down the line you can plead that it is not your fault if Catastro and the Town Hall are unable to sort out your problem.
Let's go Brandon!

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:31 am

"you can plead that it is not your fault "
..or plead insanity !! :D

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:34 am

As long as you are paying something it is highly unlikely that you will have an inspection. AEAT inspectors are currently more intent on rooting out people who are paying nothing at all and I wish them every luck in doing so!
Let's go Brandon!

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:52 pm

thanks for the suggestions - I think Julian's is the way to go, as our escritura value is quite high (we raised it when we had a new one done to reflect the extra floor area :? )

Having said that, we can't do much til we're back in Oct anyway :) unless we can get our long-suffering friend to have a go on our behalf....
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

David Stuart
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby David Stuart » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:52 pm

Thanks to the help I have received on this forum I have now downloaded and completed the modelo 210's. Also the modelo 030 to obtain new pegatinas as Orihuela Costa ayuntamiento changed everyone's addresses earlier this year. On my next trip to Spain I will go to the tax office in Orihuela city to obtain said pegatinas and then pay my tax. However I have no envelopes for the 210's. Has anyone had problems with banks refusing to acept the forms without envelopes? Thanks.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:45 pm

Our village Cajasol had the envelopes and sent them off for us in their internal mail.
Brian.

David Stuart
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby David Stuart » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:47 pm

Many thanks for the reply.

SpanishBlue
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby SpanishBlue » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:19 pm

Having read and reread this thread a number of times, I have attempted to fill in my 210 form.

I am almost there, but would be grateful if someone could help me with the following:-

Am I right in thinking that I put my Spanish address (the property I am paying the tax on) in 3 times - (1) and (2) in both forms under the sticky labels under "Presentador", and (3) under "Contribuyente" - And if that is the case, I do not write in my UK address anywhere. It seems a bit strange having to write one's address in 3 times, when the info is on the sticky label, but who am I to argue. :?

Also, just above "Contribuyente" - there is a choice of 6 boxes to tick. Do I tick "S" (Contribuyente).

The same 6 boxes (minus the letters) appear again at the bottom of page 2 - again do I tick "Contribuyente"?

And one final question please, after any "N.I.F." box, there is a box that requires a "F" or a "J" - What do I write in here?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me. :)

Dene1
Tourist

Postby Dene1 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:59 pm

Spanishblue,
Try this link it should help

www.inmalagatoday.com/pdf/instructions210english.pdf

DavidSearl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby DavidSearl » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:10 pm

FROM DAVID SEARL

With congratulations to Beachcomber, Julian, Bobdun and all who have participated in this thread. I stand in helpless awe. Wow.

On page 200 of You and the Law in Spain 2009-2010 edition, you will find a copy of Form 210 with basic instructions. These basic instructions contain about one-tenth of all the useful items on the thread.

And thanks to Bobdun, I see I will have to add the "F" and "J" items to my instructions. You put "F" when you are a "persona FISICA" , a physical person, that is, an individual. You put "J" if you are a "persona "JURIDICA", that is, a legal person, meaning a company.

The Form itself contains instructions on the back page. If you are declaring a property for non-resident property owner's imputed income tax, you shouldn't be on page two at all, or whoever asked that question, because now I am drowning in it.

And so far I have not turned up any official Tax Agency instructions or informative brochure in English.

Again, Congratulations to all of you.

David Searl
You and the Law in Spain

Dene1
Tourist

Postby Dene1 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:15 pm

David,
Try this link,it gives tax info in english

http://www.aeat.es/Lenguas%20Extranjera ... de_eng.pdf

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:20 pm

You have to fill in both pages of the form as one details the property in respect of which the tax is being paid and the calculations and the other is the 'documento de ingreso'. You cannot present one without the other.
Let's go Brandon!

SpanishBlue
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby SpanishBlue » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:44 pm

Thanks Dene1 (and everyone else who contributed to this thread), that's a big help. :D

rt21
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby rt21 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:52 am

It might be too early to ask but does anyone know whether non-resident income tax has been affected by the latest announcements on tax rises in Spain ?

I read yesterday that tax on capital rents will increase and wondered whether this referred to property rental income. Although I don't rent my property out I am under the impression that non-resident income tax is based on the Government's perception that all non residents do.

regards

Richard

lorrainef

Postby lorrainef » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi thanks to this thread am about to complete the dreaded 210 form. The only problem I have is the Clase de divisa 3). In answer to a previous question you said to fill in 826 being the currency of the country of residence, but on trying to read the instructions on the AEAT website it seems this should be the currency you are using to pay the tax i.e. 954. HELP!! Which is right. Many thanks for all the help - couldn't have got this far without you. :D

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:28 pm

rt21 wrote:It might be too early to ask but does anyone know whether non-resident income tax has been affected by the latest announcements on tax rises in Spain ?

I read yesterday that tax on capital rents will increase and wondered whether this referred to property rental income.
Non resident income tax is charged at the standard rate of tax of 24%. So far, there are no plans to change any of the tax rates.

I think the other item you mention is capital gains tax which is proposed to increase from 18% to 19% in line with the same increase on investment income. 19% applies to the first €6000 - thereafter it will rise to 21%

Sid

rt21
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby rt21 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:19 pm

Thanks Sid for your response

It's a relief to know that the Spanish authorities are not trying to increase the tax for this imaginary rental income that I do not even earn.

many thanks

Richard

SpanishBlue
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby SpanishBlue » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:52 pm

One of my neighbours gets her advisor to pay the non resident tax for her.

She says she was told that anyone who paid prior to the end of June this year was given a 40% discount. :o

I'm sure this is completely incorrect myself, as I have not read this anywhere.

Would someone be good enough to confirm that no 40% discount was applied to people who paid prior to the end of June, thank you.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:26 pm

Another urban myth!

Some municipalities offer a discount for early payment of IBI but that's it.
Let's go Brandon!