Clothes

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
karen4
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Clothes

Postby karen4 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:08 am

Murcia store is quite big, over 2 floors. (Small point for those with English accents - it's pronounced "Pree-mark", not "Pry-mark"!)

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:37 am

The Primark eqivalent in Fuengirola is Kiabi. They also cater for the larger men and women sizes too!!!
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

laswalkirias
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby laswalkirias » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:13 pm

one of the things I hate most about being back inthe uk is the vulgarity of badly made and cheap looking clothes worn by the average Brit, why on earth would anybody wish to buy british clothes in Spain. You can spot a brit a mile away in Spain by bad hair and clothes, we are a joke to the locals!!!!
When in Rome dont dress "sarf London" you are an embarrassment!!!!
Good clothes are not necessarily expensive if you know where to look
Dying to move to spain

HKM
Resident

Postby HKM » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:44 pm

I am sitting looking out of the window at my Spanish neighbours, one of the woman has red pyjama bottoms on with a chunky purple and pink polo neck jumper on. The other has very, very tight jeans on, a roll over the top and a jumper that does not cover it..

I am not saying I am perfect day in day out but I prefer British fashion.. Perhaps you could tell us where we could buy 'good clothes'??

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:50 pm

There is lots of crimplene and padded shoulder type clothes here :shock: alternative is the stuff a 15 year old would wear and the Guadalhorce tart look. Don't think most of us fit into any category! I don't bother buying stuff here now, cheaper to get a flight to the UK for a couple of days and do a big shop.

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:21 pm

pilgrim2 wrote:Primark in Jerez is a little on the small size, and not a lot of childrens clothes, but karenandjon, that is a shopping centre that I have not seen the likes of since leaving the UK over 5years ago!!! If you like shopping then it has to be worth the trip.
The new shopping centre Tomaras/Camas has only got about 9 or 10 shops at the moment, the upper floor is closed off. If you take hubby he might just have to buy a super duper remote contoll what ever from the big boys toy shop (model shop) - for his son of course :lol: Cant drag mine out of there(son that is) hes already started this year christmas list.!!!
Then there is the shopping centre at Miarena (spelling?)It has a childrens C and A and another childrens shop that I cant remembr the name of. The top floor has Arab baths and some sort of Spa.
That should keep you busy shopping for a while :D
Wow Pilgrim, thats great!! Keep me going for a while! :lol: (Sounds like i´m not the only one who enjoys a shopping spree! :wink: :lol: )
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

Zofia
Resident

Postby Zofia » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:36 pm

For the boys (aged 5) I've rediscovered C & A, and I can find quite a lot for me there too (very cheap!). Or H & M. I'm mostly still living in the clothes I brought with me.
Finally really and properly living in Andalucia.

K chameleon
Resident

Postby K chameleon » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:47 pm

Katy, are padded shoulders 'in' this season or not?

(Been sorting out the bedroom, they're 'Vintage' now for sure)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:24 pm

I figure that the shoulder pads must be "in" around here or they wouldn't stock so many. :o I noticed that the people down from Madrid for semana santa were fond of animal prints. I seem to be out of step. What worries me is that British people think I am spanish and spanish people think I am German :shock: ...I think I need a personal shopper :lol:

HKM
Resident

Postby HKM » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:47 pm

I think you are right about the animal print.. I saw some zebra (ish) leggings for sale in El Corte.. Alongside the usual leopard print..

Thought I would give them a miss this time, shame....

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:42 am

one of the things I hate most about being back inthe uk is the vulgarity of badly made and cheap looking clothes worn by the average Brit, why on earth would anybody wish to buy british clothes in Spain. You can spot a brit a mile away in Spain by bad hair and clothes, we are a joke to the locals!!!!
When in Rome dont dress "sarf London" you are an embarrassment!!!!
Good clothes are not necessarily expensive if you know where to look
spanish women when they are married wear tents

i can spot a spaniard a mile away,i have no hair but wear clothes and am not a joke

you need to have lived here a bit longer
jayne countys most famous song,google it

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:25 am

[quote][What worries me is that British people think I am spanish and spanish people think I am German /quote] :o Yes .. that really is worrying :o
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.