Clothes

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
HKM
Resident

Clothes

Postby HKM » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:24 pm

For the parents of children/teenagers, how do you find clothes in Spain?

Personally I find them overpriced, and under quality..

Would love to hear others opinions on this..

Thanks

HK

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Re: Clothes

Postby karandjon » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:05 pm

Hi HKM, i can only comment on baby clothes (0-12 months) at the minute. I have bought all ours from either shops like H&M, & Mothercare in Sevilla, or have ordered/bought them from the UK. Next mainly.
I havent really seen much in the way of baby clothes here, and the ones I have seen have been overpriced and not great quality.

Mind you, I find that the same with my own clothes. I buy from Zara, Next, H&M, Bershka, etc in Sevilla, never the spanish shops here. Mainly because of the styles though. I dont have any desire to go out dressed in pink leggings and yellow t-shirt with a red ra-ra mini over!! :lol:
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

K chameleon
Resident

Postby K chameleon » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:19 pm

I think the teenagers fashion fads can be found over here reasonably. They might not be top quality, but they'll only be wearing them for a couple of months, 'til next season.
I'm not pressurised into buying branded trainers, tracksuits or jeans.

But... for some reason, the arms can be very skinny and jeans very long.

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:33 pm

K chameleon wrote:But... for some reason, the arms can be very skinny and jeans very long.
Yes!! I dont understand why the jeans are sooo long here, when the spanish women arent exactly tall! When i went to Malaysia I bought loads of clothes, as being 5´2" and small, the clothes there fitted me perfectly! :lol:

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:39 pm

HKM wrote:For the parents of children/teenagers, how do you find clothes in Spain?

Personally I find them overpriced, and under quality..
Must be an Iberian thing! We have spent the day with an ex neighbour of ours that now lives in Portugal, and that is her job tomorrow, to do some clothes shopping here. She says pretty much about the same about the quality and the prices in Portugal.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

HKM
Resident

Postby HKM » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:03 pm

When we go to the UK, we take NOTHING... And come back fully loaded, all my friends, neighbours, even my son's parents classmates ask me where I buy his clothes from, (and sometimes mine)..

I buy nearly all his clothes from Primark, George, Matalan... Never spend a lot becuase they only last him a few months as he is growing quicker than the weeds in my garden..

In winter they loved the UGG style boots I had, I couldn't get any here without a zip on so bought 4 pairs in every colour going in Tesco £20 for the 4 pairs in the sale, I Swear I could have sold them 10 times over when I came home..

I find jeans here really odd.. I am 5ft10 and they are always way too long for me despite me being the tallest woman in the shop, but I find tracksuit bottoms really small..

HKM

Ama
Resident

Postby Ama » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:41 pm

In C&A you will find jeans in 3 different lengths, I have found them to be good quality & price.

For the children I buy quite a lot in Kiabi, C&A and Carrefour. You could also pick some items up on the market.

I believe there is now a Primark in Algeciras.

antonia
Resident

Postby antonia » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:46 pm

Primark for my kids clothes for school...holes in the knees within a week of wearing them...roll on the Summer :lol: Also C@A, H@M. When we have the odd trip to UK it's the same, empty suitcase going and after Asda, tesco etc full case back. I think clothes here are expensive for kids and don't get me started on shoes and trainers for them!! :lol:

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:25 pm

Whilst on the subject of clothes tec....

What is the European size for trousers 36 inch waist / 31 inch length trousers ( and 32 inch )
and size 10 shoes.

anyroads

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:23 pm

UK size 10 shoes = European size 44. Can´t help on the rest sorry!

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:08 pm

I buy my daughters clothes in Mayoral. They are very stylish and classy and the quality is fantastic and prices good - in the sales :D

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:00 pm

anyroads wrote:Whilst on the subject of clothes tec....

What is the European size for trousers 36 inch waist / 31 inch length trousers ( and 32 inch )
and size 10 shoes.

anyroads
cintura 91 cm (36 inch waist) Spanish made would probably be 90 cm
medida de pierna 79 cm (31 inch inside seam) 32 inch would be 81 cm, so Spanish made trousers would probably be 80cm (31.5 inch)
ádh mór ort agus sláinte.....
(Good luck and good health)!

pilgrim2
Resident

Postby pilgrim2 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:54 pm

For you Karen, there is a new shop with good selection of reasonably priced childrens fashionable (not the usual Spanish style )clothes. Its next to C and A in the new shopping centre between Leeroy Merlin, Tomaras and Carrefour, Camas, comming in from Tomaras its just after PC city.

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:41 pm

Dressed in pink leggings and yellow t-shirt with a red ra-ra mini over!! as you say you are only little, Karandjon, i think this would be a picture to behold, :lol: :lol:

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:27 pm

pilgrim2 wrote:For you Karen, there is a new shop with good selection of reasonably priced childrens fashionable (not the usual Spanish style )clothes. Its next to C and A in the new shopping centre between Leeroy Merlin, Tomaras and Carrefour, Camas, comming in from Tomaras its just after PC city.
"New shopping centre" Pilgrim? Have i missed something? I just love checking out new shopping centres! I have made a note and will go at next available opportunity!
Thanks for the info!! :D

Ken2 - well if i decide to go for it, i´ll be sure to send you a piccie!! :shock: :lol:

HKM
Resident

Postby HKM » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:42 pm

Has anyone been to Primark over here? How does it compare to the ones back in the Uk?

karen4
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby karen4 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:50 pm

Primark is a great store for basic things, and the prices are good too, comparable with UK. Our nearest store is in Murcia and gets good business courtesy of my daughter!

pilgrim2
Resident

Postby pilgrim2 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:27 pm

Primark in Jerez is a little on the small size, and not a lot of childrens clothes, but karenandjon, that is a shopping centre that I have not seen the likes of since leaving the UK over 5years ago!!! If you like shopping then it has to be worth the trip.
The new shopping centre Tomaras/Camas has only got about 9 or 10 shops at the moment, the upper floor is closed off. If you take hubby he might just have to buy a super duper remote contoll what ever from the big boys toy shop (model shop) - for his son of course :lol: Cant drag mine out of there(son that is) hes already started this year christmas list.!!!
Then there is the shopping centre at Miarena (spelling?)It has a childrens C and A and another childrens shop that I cant remembr the name of. The top floor has Arab baths and some sort of Spa.
That should keep you busy shopping for a while :D

HKM
Resident

Postby HKM » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:31 pm

So how big is the Primark in Murcia?

HK

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:50 am

there is a kind of spanish version or primark near aki in fuengirola apparantly,mrs frog and friends go there
i wouldnt know if its true
jayne countys most famous song,google it