Opening Liscense for Shop

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Paula
Andalucia Guru

Re: Opening Liscense for Shop

Postby Paula » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:43 pm

Yes I had trouble getting in there. They are building at the place that was going to be a new hospital, don't know if it still is.

lucy locket
Resident

Postby lucy locket » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:58 pm

fuengirola is always digging up something, blocking roads and making life difficult. Shoppers have probably had enough and go to mirimar shopping centre. They still close for siesta in the main shopping street. you see all these tourists wandering around with nothing to do. plus they do get beggars in the street and a gang of winos just off the main street.
I used to see this woman who lived in her car on the paseo with all her belongings very sad. :(

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:40 pm

the first step for a licencia de apertura is to consult a qualified tecnico...who is the one who will prepair a proyect acording to the activity/ and premises..then you will have to undertake the required adaptions that are needed..eg invalid loo or whatever..then send off all required documents and solicitud..then wait for the reply/licence..take a good look around you to see what kind of clients you would get..how long it would take to build up a business ect.. depends on situation but owning the place would at least make it easier to hold out as no rent to pay,,they recon there is one bar for every 50 people in spain..but some do do well..good luck
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

Michaelinland
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Michaelinland » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:03 pm

Hi Guys/Girls

It is not a bar nor a a place that sells any kind of food/drink. I would not be doing any alterations to the room, only adding a counter for till. I have done my homework, will let you know how it goes..

Thank you

Mike

Heston
Resident

Postby Heston » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:27 pm

Mike

go for it we opened offices and an English Acedemy in Novemeber last year ( we rent it dont own it) lots of people told us we were mad in the current climate but it was the best thing we have done so far, many people told us not to move to Spain five years ago but again a great move. We worked very closely with the Town hall and the Spanish community and gained respect and support from them especially the mayor who was delighted iother nationalities were coming and opening businesses..so do your homework and best of luck.

ps
our license was given and stamped on the same day however took Sevillana three months to switch the electric on!

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Opening License for Shop

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:24 pm

Someone running an English Academy, but who makes seven errors of grammar and spelling in a simple post...
I am tempted to give up, but must just accept that the lunatics are definitely running the asylum!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I [email protected] to disguise a cough.

HKM
Resident

Postby HKM » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:44 pm

Hi

I too have been looking into starting my own business, my husband works, my son goes to school and I am getting itchy feet after being laid up with health problems for years, I hope now to be on the road to recovery. Now I need something to do.. Just don't know what.. So good luck to you Mike.

Well done Heston..

HKM

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Opening License for Shop

Postby katy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:05 pm

peteroldracer wrote:Someone running an English Academy, but who makes seven errors of grammar and spelling in a simple post...
I am tempted to give up, but must just accept that the lunatics are definitely running the asylum!
Perhaps like the bricklayers etc who got their qualifications on the plane over. It is really amazing what some of the ex-agents are doing now :lol:

Heston
Resident

Postby Heston » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:37 am

Oh dear running 18 classes a week has tired be out!!sorry katy and Peter for the spelling mistakes!!!

ex agent? dont know where that come from?

Anyway as usualy negative ex pats.......Mike go for it dont let them get you down!you go for it especially if you own the shop and best of luck!