Has Endesa changed their billing system?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Bugsbunny
Resident

Has Endesa changed their billing system?

Postby Bugsbunny » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:36 am

Hello again. I've just checked my Spanish bank account and it seems that a new Endesa direct debit has been set up but to my knowledge, this is nothing I've done. Has their billing changed in any way does anybody know? I'm also in the process of having my apartment re-wired but this is not yet finished. The inside is done but the new cable feed from the ground hasn't been completed yet. Does this have any relevance?

Please forgive my ignorance. It's not the same as in England (where I live...)

Thanks in advance :)

lenox
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Has Endesa changed their billing system?

Postby lenox » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:42 am

A recent govt rule means they will (should) bill you monthly rather than bi-monthly as before. Another govt rule says you can choose which electric company gets to do your billing (reasonably pointless, perhaps - but then, so is this government).

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:50 pm

Can they do that i.e. set up a direct debit on your account without you knowing it? I would check with your bank.

As for actual billing, yes, itdid change to monthly bills. However, a lot of people didn't get one last month. Anyone know why?
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:06 pm

Its all a mystery again..........we have just had an estimated bill in for the last week of June, a 1 week bill only for almost as much as our entire monthly bill for the previous 3 months........and why a bill for one week?? Our previous bill was estimated so we were due a proper meter reading.......

I think they are changing back to 2 monthly metered bills.....no other explanation.......

jo-ann
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jo-ann » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:20 pm

Our bills have never changed from being bi-monthly, but haven't seen one yet for this month :!:

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:49 pm

I've just seen a debit for Endesa at the bank for 65 euros, despite the fact that the last bill on the Endesa site is 26 euros. I've contacted them to ask what's going on. Haven't had chance to collect the post, so I don't know if there's a paper bill to support the debit. It's worth keeping an eye on til they get sorted out.
AlisonB

tjtops
Resident

Postby tjtops » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:26 pm

Don't know about anyone else, but I for one am heartily sick of the way that Endesa arbitrarily change their billing and/or meter reading procedures etc etc, and then we poor lambs just have to put up with it. Like the previous poster, I had an estimated bill for the last week or so of June, when I was due an 'actual' one. Since then, nada...and I haven't even been able to get into the site properly to either enter a reading or get an estimate. That, coupled with a supply which very often doesn't deliver enough power to run a video sender for the TV, or lluminate the oven control -- never mind heat it up -- makes the whole system a complete farce. Rant over!
Life is as good as you make it, just keep my glass half full