Fines, additional costs on IBI bill

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
campo babe
Resident

Fines, additional costs on IBI bill

Postby campo babe » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:35 am

Can anyone tell me when the additional costs are added to an outstanding IBI bill, or does it vary from area to area?

I have last year's bill (2008) not yet paid and this had 50 euros added on in September last year, and now seems to have had another 50 euros added to it. This year's bill (2009) has to be paid by 9th September.

If I pay this year's bill I won't have anything further added to it.

In a couple of months, or before the end of the year, I hope to be able to pay the old bill. This seems the logical thing to do to avoid extra costs on the new bill.

Unfortunately in our area the catastral value was doubled last year, and there doesn't seem to be any discount for being on the padron, nor any option to pay in two instalments.

julian
Andalucia Guru

Re: Fines, additional costs on IBI bill

Postby julian » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:01 am

look at the payment date limit you have on the copy of the 2008 bill that already has the late fines added...after that date limit it will go up again.

blondie
Resident

Postby blondie » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:49 am

I have never received an IBI receipt in two years of owning my property, and I have registered my epadronamiento, should I be worried?

campo babe
Resident

Postby campo babe » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:53 pm

Julian, I didn't receive this year's bill but have found it through our online bank account and it shows 414,05€ to be paid by 11-9-2009.

Last year's bill started at 405,93€ to be paid by 5-9-2008 and then went up to 449,47€ to be paid by 22-12-2008. Now it is 512€ with no other date showing.

I was going to the town hall to ask for an up to date print-out but that would probably come all as one bill and I would then find it difficult to pay the whole amount.

I think I will pay the new bill before 11th and keep my fingers crossed the old one doesn't go up before the end of December.

By the way, we have banking at Unicaja (online) and there is a section for bills/taxes. There you can pay national taxes, and local taxes, and when I clicked on Patronato de Recaudacion Malaga, there were the outstanding bills! Clever stuff.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:54 pm

Sounds like a lot of people haven't had their IBI bills this year. Fortunately ours is on direct debit so paid on time but it does seem there is a problem somewhere.

Can anyone tells me who sends out the IBI bills? It isn't the Ayuntamiento as far as I am aware. I would like the bill a) so I can see that what has been taken by direct debit is correct and b) my gestor will need to see it next year when our taxes are done.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:50 pm

you can get a copy of the IBI bill at the patronato office, or possibly the town hall if you do not have a patronato office in your town

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:55 pm

If you go into your local tax office they will give you a copy ant twll you if there is anything else outstanding.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:37 pm

Cheers. I'll give that a try.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

jo-ann
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jo-ann » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:51 am

We have never had a bill for IBI in the 5 years that we have been living here, dont think they send them to the campo. But the money comes out by DD when they feel like taking it, which can be any time from Sep to Dec.