Problem registering dependant for health cover

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
campo babe
Resident

Problem registering dependant for health cover

Postby campo babe » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:20 pm

I have been registered for health here because I reached the good old age of 60 in February this year. This was done at Velez Malaga earlier this year. I still haven't got a card but a piece of paper with my details on shows a reference number (12 numbers) which I can use to access the online appointment system

However, we still can't get my OH registered.

We have had a letter telling us to go to Avda. Pintor Sorolla, 145, Malaga, which I have found is an INSS office. Then it looks like we have to go to C/ Huescar, 7, Malaga, which is near El Corte Ingles in Malaga.

Has anyone been to either of these offices?

keddyboy
Resident

Re: Problem registering dependant for health cover

Postby keddyboy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:44 pm

Dont bother, contact UK re Form 121 or similar and give them detais of dependant in column 5 and then go to social security office local to you.
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:22 pm

You need the dependant's details on the form from DWP - your own E121 is not enough.

Sid

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:18 pm

My OH was told by DWP not to claim for his state pension until two weeks before the due date. He was then told his pension would take eight weeks to process. We fell about laughing. :lol: Why not claim eight weeks before if it takes eight weeks to process you might ask? So did we. :lol:

However, the E106 cover ran out a month ago when my OH turned 65. It was only valid until the day before his 65th birthday. We weren't too worried about that as it never got implemented in two years of us trying. Extremadura doesn't 'do' E106 forms. We don't have any cover, pretend or otherwise, for anything now as the E121 hasn't yet 'kicked in' as DWP have absolutely no idea at all, as to what they are doing. It hasn't dawned on them that the E121 is linked to the state pension - the one that takes so long to start up. On the other hand, DWP knew exactly how old my OH is since the minute he was born. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes! Of course they are lovely at DWP, and, of course, they are nice and friendly and helpful. We have some great conversations about how useless they can be at times - and that's what THEY say, not us!

campo babe
Resident

Postby campo babe » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:44 am

We both went to Velez Malaga in February and took the E121 forms from the UK which show OH as a dependant in the relevant place.

If we can find the office - I think its on the bus route from Rincon to Malaga - we will try next week. I just don't understand why we have to go to two offices.

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:13 am

I was registered as disabled so we came out with the E121 though we were both under pension age but my wife was not on the E11 as a dependent. I had no problem getting on the health service here but we had to get back on to the DWP and get another E121 showing her as a dependent. We only went to one office in Velez Malaga and it was done straight away though I think it was a few weeks before her plastic social security card arrived. That was seven years ago things may have altered since then.

Mhic.