I.BI question

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
deb
Andalucia.com Amigo

I.BI question

Postby deb » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:33 am

I have had my house for two years now and have just realised i have not received any IBI bills for the house. Where do i go to sort this out and do i need to take any paper work with me.

julian
Andalucia Guru

Re: I.BI question

Postby julian » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:51 am

go to the patronato office in torrox(if there is no office go to the town hall) with your escritura(original and copy), and NIE number, passport etc, ask them about the bills

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:59 am

Hi deb,
You will need to find out if you have a local office in your town......
Delegación de Económica y Hacienda en Malaga (assuming Torrox comes under Malaga)

Will need all the house docs and all your ID's (and a couple of utility bills :?: )
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

GRANVILLE
Andalucia.com Amigo
Location: Rio Burmuza, Canillias de Aceituna near Velez Malaga

Postby GRANVILLE » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:11 am

Hi,Debs. We have had our house for just over 2 years and we were told it can take up to 2 years for the IBI to come through. On one bill we have from the Town Hall it is for the "Basura" (we get this annually in October) and I thought that would have been on the IBI bill. We also pay the water through the Town Hall but still no bill with IBI on it.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:36 am

Deb,When we bought our place 5 years ago we were told the same,i.e. it takes a while for bills to come through.
Anyway time flies as it does and 4 years down the line I checked on the BOP Malaga out of interest and my name was splattered all over it :evil:

You've guessed it , 4 years IBI owing along with appropriate fines.............these guys don't seem to want to speak to you or inform you a bill is due, they'd just rather post it up on some obscure website it seems.

On top of that I found we had 5 years back IBI plus fines on a ruin we then owned.............again under the impression the bills would be sent to us :?

A quick visit to our our assessoria quickly sorted the problem and we left the office with the IBI on a standing order albeit 1350 euros lighter of pocket.

Go and see the chap who sorted your purchase out, explain the situation and they'll sort it..........as I should have done in hindsight.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

deb
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby deb » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:20 pm

Thanks very much for your replies, all sorted now, went to the patronato office and explained we had been getting no bills. They gave us our bill for the last 2 years as well as our car tax bill that we didnt know was due.

alig99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alig99 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:23 am

Devils Advocate wrote:Deb,When we bought our place 5 years ago we were told the same,i.e. it takes a while for bills to come through.
Anyway time flies as it does and 4 years down the line I checked on the BOP Malaga out of interest and my name was splattered all over it :evil:

You've guessed it , 4 years IBI owing along with appropriate fines.............these guys don't seem to want to speak to you or inform you a bill is due, they'd just rather post it up on some obscure website it seems.

On top of that I found we had 5 years back IBI plus fines on a ruin we then owned.............again under the impression the bills would be sent to us :?

A quick visit to our our assessoria quickly sorted the problem and we left the office with the IBI on a standing order albeit 1350 euros lighter of pocket.

Go and see the chap who sorted your purchase out, explain the situation and they'll sort it..........as I should have done in hindsight.

DA, whats's BOP Malaga, and how do you check you are listed? can you access it by the internet? Do you also know how the fines are calculated is it a flat amount, percentage? And is a assessoria, the same as a gestor?

confused ali :?

GRANVILLE
Andalucia.com Amigo
Location: Rio Burmuza, Canillias de Aceituna near Velez Malaga

Postby GRANVILLE » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:53 am

Debs what is the PATRONATO is it at your town hall?

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:09 pm

alig - http://www.bopmalaga.org/scripts/cqcgi. ... SSWORD=bop

there is a thread on here somewhere about filling it in if you have any problems :D

I find it best to use NIE no. as well as surname
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:10 pm

This may the thread chrissiehope is referring to. It contains more information about searching the boletin of Málaga.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15932&start=30
Let's go Brandon!

alig99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alig99 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:58 pm

Beachcomer and Chrissiehope, thanks for your replies, I checked the list but not found us on it. We've had the house now for 2 years, we really would like to get it sorted out, we like to be organised! :D

The other questions were....Do you also know how the fines are calculated is it a flat amount, percentage? And is a assessoria, the same as a gestor?

thanks ali

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:13 pm

The IBI can take a long time to come through on a new property. I bought an apartment in Benalmádena in 1999 and the IBI has only just come through. They can only claim back payment for the past four years and, in this case, there are no surcharges because the delay was caused by the Town Hall.

If you miss the deadline for a payment the surcharge is usually 20% with interest accruing the longer you leave it.

If you have a resale property it may be that the change of name has not been registered in Catastro and the IBI bill is still going to the previous owner. The last IBI bill which was paid prior to your purchase should have been incorporated in the escritura. If there wasn't one available this should have been explained in the escritura.

The person responsible for paying the IBI for any given year is the owner of the property on the 1st January of that year even if he sells it on the 2nd January.

Just go to the 'Gestion Tributaria' or 'Recaudación' office of your local Town Hall with your escritura and they will check your situation.
Let's go Brandon!

alig99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alig99 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:21 pm

Thank you :)

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:51 pm

Glad to be of help but could I suggest that you edit your post to take out the quote. The use of long quotes is frowned up upon by the illustrious Admin especially when it is from an immediately previous post.

Good luck at the Town Hall.
Let's go Brandon!

alig99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alig99 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:27 pm

Beachcomer, thanks for the warning :) , shortly after I posted I was searching the forum using 'real' and 'spain' and came across post where someone had received a warning about their use of quotes, immediately felt embarrassed 'cos I've not ever been so lazy before either here or on other forums :oops: , so I was preparing myself for a slapwrist from ADMIN :wink: I promise not to willy nilly mis-use "quotes" again :roll: . ali :D

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:40 pm

Just click on 'Edit' at the top of the post concerned and you can remove the quote just leaving your own message.
Let's go Brandon!