House Insurance

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
alig99
Andalucia.com Amigo

House Insurance

Postby alig99 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:37 pm

Has anyone had any experience of making a claim from any English company that provides cover for their house in Spain?

The reason we ask is that we have recently bought such an insurance as we fully understood what cover we are buying but just wondered how they english insurance companies performed when dealing with any claim. :think: ali

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: House Insurance

Postby chrissiehope » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:52 pm

I know this isn't really what you were asking, but noticing you're thinking of letting your property, Intasure will provide cover for damage / theft caused by tenants..... :thumbup:
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

alig99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alig99 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:41 pm

hi Chrissie, funnily enough Intersure is the company that we have just purchased insurance from. My question is related to that purchase as wondered if anyone had any experiences of any english insurance companies and their settlement of claims record. Incidentally we purchased the insurance thinking we wouldn't need the extra cover for renting as we have never intended to rent our home but as always with life we never no whats round the corner :problem:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:08 am

My cottage in the UK is insured with Intasure. They have been efficient and helpful but luckily I have never had to make a claim so I am unable to comment in that respect.
Let's go Brandon!

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:45 am

I'm in the process of making a claim, through Intasure, for my recent burglary. So far, they have been really easy to deal with, helpful over the phone, quick to send claim forms etc...but...I shall let you all know how it progresses :wink:

alig99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alig99 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:25 pm

thanks HB I will look forward to hearing your update. ali :D

Kamila
Resident

Postby Kamila » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:30 pm

We have an Intasure insurance and had a claim. We had a power cut when we were away in June and my two freezers (full of food) were defrosted. We listed the food, made a claim and were paid in full in quite a short time. No problems at all. They were very pleasant company to deal with.

Alli
Tourist

Postby Alli » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:36 pm

We have insured our Spanish house with Intasure for the last three years, unfortunatly when we visited in September the house had been broken into and a lot of our property taken. Intasure have been fantastic, gave us lots of help on the phone, even phoning us back before they closed for the day to make sure our front door had been secured. The claims forms were waiting for us when we returned home and Intasure settled our claim and paid us out within 10 days of us returning from Spain. :clap: We will be renewing our policy with them.

alig99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alig99 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:13 pm

Thanks to everyone who posted on this topic, its good to hear that the company we have gone with gives such good service. Ali

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:24 pm

It's great that everyone has positive comments about aparticular insurance company. Let's hope they continue to live up to our expectations. :D
Let's go Brandon!

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Just my expectations will do :lol: :wink: But I shall tell them that they are being watched...

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:27 pm

I Image Intasure!
Submitted my claim (burglary) by email 22 Dec and mailed hard copy registered post the same day...received cheque in the post from Intasure in full settlement today! Yay! I have thanked them muchly and said I shall be recommending them. Which I do...they were great to deal with throughout. I hope the rest of you never have cause to claim but if you do you should be in safe hands!

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:33 pm

That is a truly great service! when you ignore Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, it works out at just about 10 working days to settle :clap: :clap:
ádh mór ort agus sláinte.....
(Good luck and good health)!