How to shop in El Corte Ingles outlet

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
alisonb
Resident

How to shop in El Corte Ingles outlet

Postby alisonb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:07 pm

At Malaga Nostrum.
1. Go round shop and pick up things which you think you might quite like.
2. Put them all in your basket
3. Put basket in line at till, then go back out and get some more stuff
4. At till, go through each item individually. Find out price, scratch your head, decide you don't want it, and tell them to put it back.
5. Repeat for 20 other items, finally ending up with 5 things you are going to pay for
6. Pay for items
7. Look at next customer with a really smug smile, then take out bag with 5 items you bought on Saturday but have now decided you don't want.
8 Wait for cashier to go through old till receipt and write all over it. Get most of your money (from step 6) back
This process takes a total of 22 minutes. I know 'cos I timed it.
For any men who say - why did you stand there? I had seen exactly what I wanted in there on Friday, but queues stretched to back of shop. I tried standing for 15 minutes but didn't move, so went home. Went back today, hardly any queues at all, and the thing I wanted was still there. But then I found the shopper from hell. But I've now got it. Only thing is, if no-one bought it over weekend, does that mean it unfashionable or something? It's hard being a woman.
AlisonB

julian
Andalucia Guru

Re: How to shop in El Corte Ingles outlet

Postby julian » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:12 pm

If you decide it´s unfashionable and you don´t want it you could take it back tomorrow :wink:

pete_l
Resident

Postby pete_l » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:53 pm

alisonb wrote:Only thing is, if no-one bought it over weekend, does that mean it unfashionable or something?
Nah, during that time several people have bought it - just that they've all taken it back when they found something they wanted more. Even more have put it in their baskets and baulked at the checkout. All in all, it's likely your item has been fingered, sneezed on, prodded, poked (and maybe even licked) by dozens of people since you last touched it. .... Bet after that you want to take it back now :lol:
It's hard being a woman.
that's why men shop online (if they shop at all).

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:48 pm

Wear it to a party, THEN take it back.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:15 pm

I'm not taking it back. It's not a jumper, it's a trophy! Although it would pass an afternoon in the rain. Or I could go to the dentist instead - slightly less traumatic.
AlisonB

bunty
Resident

Postby bunty » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:12 pm

Went to Corte Ingles yesterday with daughter who wanted to buy me a camera for my birthday.She chose the one she wanted, a Nikon, and they opened it to check everything was there.But, my sharp-eyed daughter said "No" According to her,she has already owned four !,the strap shouldn't have been conected to camera! Well they opened another box and again strap was conected! Shopkeeper said that Nikon cameras now come like that... but my daughter was having none of that sales talk.So they opened another one and low and behold the strap wasn't conected to camera!
So beware at this time of year of buying things like this which have been returned to shop as unwanted Xmas presents.
Also if you ever see a middle-aged woman with a bright green camera you will know it might be me!

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:25 pm

Agree with your daughter, Bunty. Always worth checking for an opened box. Look for new sticky tape holding it shut.

The product may be OK, but who knows if an accessory or part might be missing!
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!