Transporting a kitchen to spain

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
GRANVILLE
Andalucia.com Amigo
Location: Rio Burmuza, Canillias de Aceituna near Velez Malaga

Transporting a kitchen to spain

Postby GRANVILLE » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:52 pm

Has anybody bought a flat pack kitchen in the uk and had it transported to Spain. If so how much and with who?

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Re: Transporting a kitchen to spain

Postby Jool » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:30 pm

Why would you want to? Order online from IKEA or go to Leroy Merlins.....

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:53 pm

Try
www.loadup.co.uk
I have used that web site a good number of times for all sorts and been happy with it.
I know someone who has used to have pallets brought over at 80 pound a pallet, but I don't know what company he used.
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Jool wrote:Why would you want to? Order online from IKEA or go to Leroy Merlins.....
Leroy Merlin humph. Lovely kitchen BUT it took them 6 months and me 4 trips to Sevilla for them to get my kitchen order right...never again!

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Don't you have a local carpenter? He'll have all the brochures from various companies. Prices are reasonable.
Dave

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:04 pm

About 3 years ago we bought a flat pack special offer from MFI (very basic but we only needed it for a kitchenette, and it was only £150) - we shipped it along with a load of other stuff using MoveIt (sorry Big Col - we didn't know you then !!). If I remember rightly, it was around £100 per cubic metre, but I think it varies depending on how many cu m you're shipping.
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

GRANVILLE
Andalucia.com Amigo
Location: Rio Burmuza, Canillias de Aceituna near Velez Malaga

Postby GRANVILLE » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:27 am

Thanks everybody.Jools I had the kitchen planned out from IKEA and its only a small kitchen, just for the units alone no worktops or appliances it was e500 more from Malaga than UK. Being a tight Yorkshireman I thought i would try and transport one.

dyemiller
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby dyemiller » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:53 pm

Have to agree with you on price difference between IKEA Spain and UK. Found it cheaper to buy a sofa from IKEA UK and transport it to Spain than buy it at IKEA Malaga! Doesn't make much sense when IKEA is an international company where everything is shipped from Sweden anyway!

burrotaxi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby burrotaxi » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:25 pm

A few years ago before IKEA opened in Malaga we specced out an IKEA kitchen and compared prices in Spain and the UK. At that time it would have meant travelling to Seville to order it with all the associated language issues. The comparison actually resulted in the UK kitchen being cheaper so we bought it here and shipped it out. The only components we bought in Spain were the electrical items. We went up to Seville and ordered a fridge freezer, oven and hood on the Saturday and Ikea delivered it to Mijas on the Monday. So yes it can be done and in our case it worked out slightly cheaper and we knew everything was covered. Can't remember who shipped it but we've since found Big Col and would heartily recommend him! So go for it.
BurroTaxi

wendyakemp
Resident

Postby wendyakemp » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:31 pm

I bought a cheapy from Brico and was surprised how good the finish is compared to the english cheapies.
It was in stock to take away too.