Parcel from Spain to UK

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
mhic
Andalucia Guru

Re: Parcel from Spain to UK

Postby mhic » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:59 am

I've had no reply to emails sent to this company so I am not very impressed with their customer service.
The china was pretty well packed, each item wrapped in bubble wrap and all in a stout box which I reinforced. We have sent china packed the same way before without problems, you get what you pay for springs to mind.

Mhic.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:07 pm

mhic wrote:I've had no reply to emails sent to this company so I am not very impressed with their customer service.
The china was pretty well packed, each item wrapped in bubble wrap and all in a stout box which I reinforced. We have sent china packed the same way before without problems, you get what you pay for springs to mind.

Mhic.
Did you ever get any response from them as I'm having trouble with them at the moment.
Todos somos Lorca.

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:52 pm

Gus-Lopez.
No nothing at all. But given all the good write up's about them on here I think I would chance using them again.

Mhic.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:11 am

Well they picked up two parcels in the UK for me, left two signed pick-up notes, 1 arrived 2 days later & the 2nd they are denying was ever picked up. The customer response is utterly useless, I've got more sense from Parcelforce ,who picked them up, than I have from them . I'm resigned to the loss of 200 quids worth of stuff & would never use them again as they are a middle man & you've basically got no come back when things go wrong. :thumbdown:
Todos somos Lorca.

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:07 am

I have to agree about the lousy response maybe I'll revise my thoughts on using them again.

Mhic.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Well parcelforce have admitted that they picked up 2 parcels but 1 has disappeared ! Ecoparcel ( Lex system GmbH , which is the parent company ) are telling me that they only picked up 1 !! )
The only company I've never had a problem with is DPD , deutscher paket diens & they use SEUR this end. Chronoexpress are also excellent for pick-ups this end.
Todos somos Lorca.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:56 pm

I know it's not a lot of comfort to your curent predicaments, but we've used pharosparcel three times now, and they've been excellent. Price is much the same as ecoparcel, and each pick up / delivery has been 3 days (ie pick up UK on 23rd, deliver Spain on 26th) - seem to use UPS most of the time. We can thoroughly recommend them :thumbup:
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:00 pm

Yes, quite a few people have used Pharos with no problem, but they don't do Spain to UK. I haven't found anyone other than Ecoparcel advertising decent rates that way.
AlisonB

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:02 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: missed that point !
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:24 am

it seems that nobody looks at my posts.. i feel like i shouldnt bother writing any more.

ive used ecoparcel after a recommendation from here. (i previously quoted gerry, but he insists it wasnt him).. anyways.. i´ve used them 8 or 10 times in the last 12 months, and every delivery has been perfect. cheap, and delivered on time. what else can you ask for.

i agree, if its expensive, dont post it. if its cheap, send it. if you are that worried about it, dont post it, but that applies for every company, right ?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:14 am

spanish-lad, you´ll only get a reaction from posts that criticise companies and give bad experiences with sending parcels......satisfied client posts don´t sell well here !!!!

some people have trained their eyes to automatically skip over any positive posts so that the info can´t reach and infest their brain, that´s why some don´t even see your posts :lol:

start a "tale of woe in andalucia" thread and see if you get a reaction !!!

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:14 pm

spanish_lad wrote:it seems that nobody looks at my posts.. i feel like i shouldnt bother writing any more.

ive used ecoparcel after a recommendation from here. (i previously quoted gerry, but he insists it wasnt him).. anyways.. i´ve used them 8 or 10 times in the last 12 months, and every delivery has been perfect. cheap, and delivered on time. what else can you ask for.

i agree, if its expensive, dont post it. if its cheap, send it. if you are that worried about it, dont post it, but that applies for every company, right ?

This is not the 1st time I've used them probably used them 6 or 7 times, but it's the service you get when there's a problem that counts & unfortunately with them there isn't any.
It's all right saying if it's expensive don't ship it but then how do you get stuff delivered here ?
I deal with companies the same way I do as when I was in business , if there's a problem you sort it out even if you end up losing money , & I expect the same when I have a problem.

Julian , I've posted that I'd recommend DPD, Chronoexpress, Seur.
Todos somos Lorca.

wendyakemp
Resident

Postby wendyakemp » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:53 pm

I read your comments SL and I have had great results from Ecoparcel, even sent a massive glass table over and only lined the box with a couple of bath towels........arrived in three days in perfect nick.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:04 pm

I had Ecoparcel collect two large flatpack parcels of furniture from UK for delivery to us in Spain. Both arrived within two days in perfect condition. However their tracking was abysmal. I was emailed two pickup receipts from the despatching furniture company but Ecoparcel tracking showed only one had been collected (dated the day AFTER it was actually collected). I gave up chasing collection of the second parcel once they had both arrived! Service good. Admin poor.
Brian.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:09 am

gus-lopez wrote:
spanish_lad wrote:it seems that nobody looks at my posts.. i feel like i shouldnt bother writing any more.

This is not the 1st time I've used them probably used them 6 or 7 times, but it's the service you get when there's a problem that counts & unfortunately with them there isn't any.
It's all right saying if it's expensive don't ship it but then how do you get stuff delivered here ?
I deal with companies the same way I do as when I was in business , if there's a problem you sort it out even if you end up losing money , & I expect the same when I have a problem.

you are mis-reading me, or perhaps i explained it badly. i didnt mean if the shipping price was expensive dont do it, i meant.. if its a "cheap parcel".. maybe up to say.. 20 or 30 quid.. then its not really that important, and it arrives when it arrives.

if you are shipping gold bars or antiques etc, then you wouldnt really be looking for the cheapest courior, and it is important, you want tracking at every step etc.

you see what i mean?

oh and ecoparcels parcels are delivered by chrono express or suer. its a shame that their admin is bad, because with the comunication standards of those large companies, they really could fill a gap in the market.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:22 am

spanish_lad wrote:
gus-lopez wrote:

you are mis-reading me, or perhaps i explained it badly. i didnt mean if the shipping price was expensive dont do it, i meant.. if its a "cheap parcel".. maybe up to say.. 20 or 30 quid.. then its not really that important, and it arrives when it arrives.

if you are shipping gold bars or antiques etc, then you wouldnt really be looking for the cheapest courior, and it is important, you want tracking at every step etc.

you see what i mean?

oh and ecoparcels parcels are delivered by chrono express or suer. its a shame that their admin is bad, because with the comunication standards of those large companies, they really could fill a gap in the market.
I'm with you now, Yes, I fully agree that if ecoparcel sorted the admin they'd have it sewn up here . This end chronexpress & seur are excellent , never had a problem with them ,either picking up or delivering.
I'm sure this is down to parcelforce who I gave up using a long while ago because too much stuff went 'missing'.
Just an update , father-in -law went to the office again yesterday after we were told that they have no record of picking up anything on dec 1st from that address , even though 1 parcel has been delivered . The man in the office said " are you sure it was parcelforce who picked them up ? "
F-i-l- " yes, It stuck in my mind that it was snowing & the man was wearing shorts !!!!!! " :lolno: :lolno:
" Did he have grey hair ? "
F-i-l " yes "
" Oh we know who that is " " we'll speak to him when he comes back in & ring you tomorrow "
So hopefully we might find out something to day , but in all honesty I' ve given up on it.
Todos somos Lorca.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:26 pm

Well the parcel that no one collected or that I cancelled the pick-up on was delivered today by ...... the correos man in his car. I told him that the UK end had said it was lost & to claim & he said , do it you'll be winning both ways ! :lol:
Todos somos Lorca.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:53 pm

so they dropped it at the post office because they couldnt find your house.. but didnt "sign" it off on their little electronic machine...

AND you can claim for it too ?

its all win win round here, cheapest parcel delivery ever :D

i hope you put the correct value on the booking form ;)

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:50 pm

No it was never with a courier according to the paperwork & box . Plus all my parcels have always come into spain , using couriers ,via Barcelona airport. This has come via the correos in Madrid's Barajas airport. On all my parcels I always make sure that my mobile no's. on the address label so the can ring if there's a problem but seur , chronoexpress, mrw, dhl, all know where it is now & just turn up. Hopefully I'm in !! :lol:
Todos somos Lorca.