Travel insurance none UK resident

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Heston
Resident

Travel insurance none UK resident

Postby Heston » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:26 pm

HI

can anyone recommend (PM if necessary) a good company for holiday insurance as a none UK resident its proving tricky!!

Thanks

alisonb
Resident

Re: Travel insurance none UK resident

Postby alisonb » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:06 pm

We use http://www.citybond.co.uk. We haven't had to claim from them, but they are very helpful when taking the policy out, and cover existing medical conditions, sometimes with no increase in premium
AlisonB

Heston
Resident

Postby Heston » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:19 pm

will do many thanks
xx

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Just looking into this myself. I'm looking for an annual policy with 90 days per trip.

So far I have found Globelink, CityBond, and Ibex who will cover EU residents. The first two are quoting around 250 £ or euros (can't remember which) for myself and my better half. Haven't had a quote from Ibex as yet nor have I really compared the cover offered.

There are a couple of others e.g columbusdirect who don't appear to offer 90 days per trip only 60 and may well suffice for your requirements
Regards

Bob

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:29 pm

Phone Columbus Direct, as non UK resident you cannot organise it online but you can do it by phone. I had an annual policy from them at very competitive price and they cover existing conditions provided you have not had hospital in patient treatment for it within the last year

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:37 pm

I've just sent them an email via their website. If I don't get a response I'll give them a call as suggested. Thx
Regards

Bob

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:46 pm

I'm not sure if we are tempting fate but my wife never takes out extra travel insurance when she flies. Our domestic insurance company says that loss of luggage is covered by our household insurance. Our private medical insurance with Sanitas covers her virtually everywhere except the USA and other insurance is covered by Visa.
Let's go Brandon!

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:55 pm

We don't yet have private cover here in Spain, and we are incliding the USA in our trip. So we will need to take travel insurance
Regards

Bob

janda_grant2
Resident

Postby janda_grant2 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:13 pm

When we went round the world we used Globelink, who offered a really good comprehensive policy, and as an Insulin Dependant Diabetic offered cover for that as well for an extra £35. Can't say how good they were in a claim situation though, as fortunatley we didn't have to claim.
I can spell but I can't type

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:30 am

Talking of claims has anyone made a claim from one of these companies and how was the experience?
Regards

Bob

lynn111
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lynn111 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:40 am

Its worth checking as well that you are covered for holidays in your resident country. When I took out an annual policy recently, some of the companies didn't cover for skiing in the Sierra Nevada, because we live in Spain :crazy:
I went with Citybond in the end. Haven't had to claim on it tho, (thank goodness)