Going or coming?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Going or coming?

Postby katy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:50 pm

Last week millions of British were wanting to leave and this week millions are wanting to return. Good old Daily Fail. I think they only do these articles to bring up the bloodpressure of those who put comments there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/articl ... -home.html

Big Col
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Going or coming?

Postby Big Col » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:51 pm

It Happens :D

:D thing is! Ive had a couple of Removals,customers that ive taken to Spain, 2007,
brought back to the UK 2008/2009
and both familys as of the end of this month will be back in Spain.

Fantastic folks, both familys cameback over to UK, and just missed Spain, realising Spain is their home

Big Col

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:22 am

This is what stops me from returning back to UK.I just know when im back in England ill want to be back in Spain again after a few months. :?
The novelty wears off of friends and family being so excited to see you,and its back to the grindstone,dull days and grey people. :thumbdown:

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:28 am

such indecisive people must be great for the removal business !!!!!
you could suggest giving them a discount if you don´t have to unload their stuff, but turn around and drive it all back again straight away !!! :lol:

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:31 am

It's why I have a boot in both camps.......when I get fed up looking at the "grey" people I hop on a flight and and can look at some orange coloured leathery skinned ones :thumbup: :wave:
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:42 am

Only way to be, DA! ;-) Certainly that's the only way I could consider it. Trouble is when we are in Spain we like to move around, to check out parts of Spain we have never visited before, the thought of spending months in one place doesn't appeal so much. Plus we've never found a place where we have both agreed we'd like to live! Come close though. Wifey doesn't speak much Spanish, so she'd prefer somewhere with some Brit contact, I could live without it. ;-)
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:03 am

Well you are welcome to visit us Frank when you are next over and see if it tickles yours and OHs fancy :thumbup:
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:39 am

frank wrote:Only way to be, DA! ;-) Certainly that's the only way I could consider it. Trouble is when we are in Spain we like to move around, to check out parts of Spain we have never visited before, the thought of spending months in one place doesn't appeal so much. Plus we've never found a place where we have both agreed we'd like to live! Come close though. Wifey doesn't speak much Spanish, so she'd prefer somewhere with some Brit contact, I could live without it. ;-)
Driving around Spain is a fantastic experience, Every hundred miles or so the landscape changes dramatically,There are many Cultural influences , Latin, celtic and moorish. It is rich in history No wonder some areas want Independence because they don't feel the stereotypical idea of Spain has any thing to do with them.
The mentality of the varios regions are different. Up here in the north there is more of a work ethic similar to that you would find in the UK. Athough they are still a lot more disorganized than us,which often means they have to work longer hours too
Of course the main benefits of the south are the weather and the relaxed lifesyle,which people British people sometimes find frustrating,but it's one of the things that attracts us in the first place.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:05 pm

Cheers DA, muy amable! I think you are up Cómpeta way, aren't you? It's an area we know quite well, one of the first places we stayed was Canillas de Albaída, and have been back many times since. Our ex neighbour and very good friends have had a property just outside Canillas for many years, just up past Hotel Finca el Cerrillo, so we always make a point of spending time with them. Certainly would be on our short list!
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Big Col
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Big Col » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:29 am

julian wrote:such indecisive people must be great for the removal business !!!!!
you could suggest giving them a discount if you don´t have to unload their stuff, but turn around and drive it all back again straight away !!! :lol:

What a great idea :lol: :lol:, it is nice though, you get use to the load, customers are like one of the family, pick ups are always faster as the drivers knows what furniture and where it gos in the van.
princess peach wrote:This is what stops me from returning back to UK.I just know when im back in England ill want to be back in Spain again after a few months. :?
The novelty wears off of friends and family being so excited to see you,and its back to the grindstone,dull days and grey people. :thumbdown:
Exactly! some folks weve moved to the UK, they moved back because they miss their old UK memories, friends, food, greenery, english lanuage etc.
When they have contacted us to enquire about moving back to Spain, it seems to be all the same. their friends have moved on,kids cant fit in at school, and generally their atitude about Spain is a lot diferent when there were in Spain,
and as princess peach says fac,t they always mention the Grey word.!!!!!

The thing is theres been a lot of grey for a lot of folks in Spain,

theres a old saying our parrents use to tell us as kids

The grass always looks greener on the other side :thumbup:

saying that :D Nowday,s I never seem to know if im coming or going anyway

Yesterday wife sent me for a had a slow stroll up to our local shops,once their forgot what I had to go and get!!! had to ring the wife :thumbdown: , she said not to bother as i left my wallet!!!

I promise you its a skill!!!

Col x

edited due to pm from Enrique re spell check :lol: :lol:
saying that only found 2!!! not bad for a 50 year old
Last edited by Big Col on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:39 am

They may find most of their friends have moved on from Spain too :lolno:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:01 pm

Hi Big Col,
:oops: .I was only trying to help.....I'm not looking to join the Forum spelling Polica :evil:

You may want to get your money back on the spelling checker as there are still 12 mistakes in your edited post. :(

All the best.

:D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:19 pm

Col, sounds like you are suffering the same problem that I have. CRAFT syndrome. (Can't remember a F****** thing!).

Big Col
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Big Col » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:28 pm

:lolno: :lolno: :lolno: Enrique

I'm so trying, just checked the post with spell checker and it says 0 words need correcting

but have used another spell checker, and im now perfecto!!!

I promise to try harder, and Ive got a new spell checker

come on then bring it on :wave:

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:02 pm

but have used another spell checker, and im now perfecto!!!
... apart from the lack of an apostrophe and a capital letter for "I'm"

:lol:
Dave