I'm Happy in Spain !!!

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Re: I'm Happy in Spain !!!

Postby Mowser » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:28 pm

You should come here more often. We have NEW bullies!
Dave

Ancient-Briton
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Ancient-Briton » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:34 pm

Princess Peach-Sorry, but you are so wrong, I don't know who you think I am, but you are very mistaken.I can assure you I really have no interest in starting with a new name, I'll still carry on reading the forum, but it really isn't worth having to put up with the aggro , so won't bother trying to join in with posting anything.
As usual with many expat Brits, too many like stabbing each other in the back.!

Vail,
Thank you and I do enjoy reading your input on another forum, but doubt that I will be joining in!

I'm off now to Madrid for a 'holiday' with some in-laws, hopefully we will have a good time.

bye everyone !

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:42 pm

is that your last "bye" or will there be more ?

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:01 pm

Frank Sinatra made a number of comebacks, now there was talented guy, good connections too, iffa ya know wadda a mean :lol:
Ah! the full english!!

pietree
Resident

Postby pietree » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:11 pm

Dunno bout you but....I hate goodbyes :(
Thats it for now

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:55 pm

You say "Goodbye" and I say "Hello."
Dave

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:35 pm

Hello, hello, I don't know why you say goodbye, etc, etc---------------- I feel a bit of a word association session washing over me, probably because I'm drinking a particularly sympathetic red, (Nugan Estates, Riviera, Durif) from Orstraylia, very wallet friendly and possibly smoother than me, anyway--- Goodbye Norma Jean------------------------------------------
Ah! the full english!!

Bugsbunny
Resident

Postby Bugsbunny » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:41 pm

Blimey! :eh: :?

Jim Allen
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jim Allen » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:21 pm

O,Dear I am SOOooooo happy. On this happy thread ? Not :lolno:
Judges.Jury and Executioners.
Anyone should realise that to join as a newbie you just agree with everyone.
Then go through the trial of hell and highwater and you may one day be accepted.
Anytime you step over the mark then yer history.
Cant everyone see that the deviding line as to who is happy and who is not can never be answered with total agreement ,its just to fine to call.
As one poster put it who gives the F.FF who anyone is.This is supposed to be an open forum.
There is a little button when someones posts and a name comes up. Dont press if you dont like or agree with what that alter ego posts. I read all and if its of interest and hopefully I can add I like to feel I can do without interegation.
What do some want this forum to end up like. Anyone can see from the other sites it will end a totally useless sikco forum controlled by bitter control freaks who now 90 percentage have no interest in Spain.
REVENGE.REVENGE.REVENGE :twisted:

Simples . If You Consider Options. :wave:

If where taking records
Mañana, or as Frank Sinatra put it in a different language, "Domani, forget domani. Let's forget about tomorrow for tomorrow never comes."

Sums up Spain dont you think . The more some kick out against them the more tomorrow will never ever ever come.

Jim Allen

boblocksmith
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby boblocksmith » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:09 pm

I seem to be coming to this thread a little late but the folk who are entertaining conspiricy theories and those who think they are being 'got at' may I suggest that you log on to this web site and quiz yourself www.organisedwisdom.com/Quiz/Paranoid_Personality_Test (I mean no insult to genuinely poorly people). It seems to me that many people came out to Spain in the 'good times' when the £ was 1.4 0 Eur or more, they had sold property (especially in the south) in the UK and got a mega amount then bought cheap property in Spain life was good and inexpensive. Then the bad times hit and many had never considered that the good times would end and made no provision. Add to this the illegal property problems, the Spanish madness of red tape and corruptness and it is understandable that many are unhappy and want to, or have gone back to the UK. But please remember that some of us are happy to be in Spain enjoy mixing with the local Spanish and are adapting to a new and exciting life. Of course there are problems and issues but life is what you make it - most of us will be dust in 50 years (actually 30 would do me!) :mrgreen:
Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:59 pm

boblocksmith wrote: But please remember that some of us are happy to be in Spain enjoy mixing with the local Spanish and are adapting to a new and exciting life.
And long may it continue! :thumbup: But a lot of the one's complaining started off like you, everything was great at first, but for various reasons they seem to have fallen out of love with Spain. It happens, but for others, the dream lives on! :thumbup: Bit like life really, around a third end up getting divorced! :D Good friends of ours still love it, but as she said when their young dog died suddenly there, Spain takes no prisoners!
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:34 pm

"but as she said when their young dog died suddenly there, Spain takes no prisoners!"

wonder what she meant by that?

:?:

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:47 pm

I haven't a clue.
Dave

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:29 pm

I´ll try to remember to ask the vet if it´s a common reaction when a young pet dies.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:59 pm

My long road back started a couple of years ago when a friend died and I didn't think he received very good treatment. As you say, like a marriage you limp on, remembering the good times. My defining moment was an ex-pat charity evening last July somewhere in the Campo. I just thought I don't want to be around these people, pushing and shoving over a buffet that had been out in the heat for hours, some where sat fanning themselves although it was an average evening (I think they were the integrated ones :wink: ) 60+ plus women jigging to an over the hill DJ...they were eating chips at the same time! Twas when I made a decision, probably an excuse like the dog..... :lolno:

I don't agree that the people who are integrated and mixing with the spanish are the happiest in Spain. The happiest are the ignorant, live in an ex-pat urbanisation, pop into an ex-pat bar, the local spanish make a fuss of them because they are used to dealing with tourists. off home with the Sun news in their UK car. It is only when you speak spanish, listen to the news, pick up comments from Spaniards that you pick up on the xenaphobia and the sometimes dark side of spanish life.

I would just bet that about 97% of Brits never communicate in Spanish, can tell that from the questions on here. Nowt wrong with that but you can't mix with the spanish only live amongst them!

boblocksmith
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby boblocksmith » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:29 pm

"The happiest are the ignorant, live in an ex-pat urbanisation, pop into an ex-pat bar, the local spanish make a fuss of them because they are used to dealing with tourists. "

When was that survey done then - - - - ? What a sad jaundiced view of people you have Katy.
If eating chips and reading the Sun in a Brit enclave makes some folk happy good for them if mixing with local friendly Spanish and not getting upset beacause Spain is not the UK well good for those people too. Maybe some folk see the UK through rose tinted specs? This thread should have been called 'I'm miserable in Spain' . :thumbdown:
Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:02 pm

I thought that is what I was implying. I also said there is nothing wrong with people not speaking spanish. I just get irritated by people who pretend (or are deluded) that they are "mixing" with the spanish when clearly they have a vocab of less than 50 words and can't string a sentence together.

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:08 pm

The answer is simple, learn to accept other people or become a hermit.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:50 pm

katy wrote:
boblocksmith wrote:"The happiest are the ignorant, live in an ex-pat urbanisation, pop into an ex-pat bar, the local spanish make a fuss of them because they are used to dealing with tourists. "

When was that survey done then - - - - ? What a sad jaundiced view of people you have Katy.
If eating chips and reading the Sun in a Brit enclave makes some folk happy good for them[/b if mixing with local friendly Spanish and not getting upset beacause Spain is not the UK well good for those people too. Maybe some folk see the UK through rose tinted specs? This thread should have been called 'I'm miserable in Spain' . :thumbdown:

I thought that is what I was implying. I also said there is nothing wrong with people not speaking spanish. I just get irritated by people who pretend (or are deluded) that they are "mixing" with the spanish when clearly they have a vocab of less than 50 words and can't string a sentence together.

Katy, (and others) check the vocabulary here, ring any bells??

I don't mix with Spanish people in Spain, why should I ? I come here for holidays, I spend a lot of money here (and I mean a lot) I speak a very limited amount of Spanish, but I'm not Spanish, I have no intention of integrating or dying here, I (definitely) do not depend on Spain for my income (thank god) and have no intention whatsoever of integrating here.
i think sometimes that people who have been here for six months or so and have not yet depleted the money they came with tend to have a simplistic view of life much as those who think that being a timeshare scam villain or working part time in Juans bar entitles them to beleieve that they are locals, right, I've been owning property here and visiting Spain for thirty years, it's just a holiday for me and I have other options, some don't :think:
Ah! the full english!!

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:53 pm

As an addenda, I wonder how many people can string together a sentence in Bulgarian or Turkish ??

By the way admin, can we please have an emoticon for *beep* ??

That would be the natural intestinal by-product of ingesting too much rubbish !!
Ah! the full english!!