Horrible weather in June!

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
anewlife
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Horrible weather in June!

Postby anewlife » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:12 am

Crikey Rick, we're not that daft!! And we have our own remote control person (my son!) to change the channels, turn up the volume and pass the drinks to us, who will not be in the hot tub! Oh and peel the grapes for us too....

Seriously, the weather at this time of year is quite unusual. Today in Galera, we had a torrential downpour; earlier on we had partly blue skies and sun and it was WARM! I think 22 degrees is about right for an all year round temperature, although we all know it will get hotter and hotter over the next couple of weeks. Thank goodness we live in a cave house where it is lovely and cool with those 40 degrees plus temps outside!!

Do you all not think that the weather is getting worse here and we are getting shorter summers?

Sandramay
Resident

Postby Sandramay » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:12 am

" Do you all not think that the weather is getting worse here and we are getting shorter summers?"

Evidently, according to GMTV news this morning, England has had the driest start to the year since 1964. :)
Sandramay

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:03 am

I was watching the Spanish news this morning, and the floods in some parts of northen spain were horrendous, I feel really sorry for the people were the flood water was higher than thier windows, now that what I call heavy rain for June !
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:50 am

We saw the dreadful damage in Asturias, made our bad weather last winter and spring look like nothing much :wtf:

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:31 pm

Have you see the TV coverage of the flash floods in the south of France, horrible, 15 people dead up to now, the weather is going bonkers everywhere :shock:
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:57 pm

Thanks for remembering us up here. I 've never seen anything like it. It's been bucketing down for almost 2 days non stop