ROBBED IN ALDI´S IN TORROX COSTA

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
patricia
Andalucia Guru

ROBBED IN ALDI´S IN TORROX COSTA

Postby patricia » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:15 pm

Well just been robbed in Aldi´s in the Super market some big git pretending to need help getting something down from one of the high selfs - I thought it was odd at the time - so I held the box for him whilst he got out what he wanted and youve guessed!! got to the check-out and purse and wallet gone!! no credit cards in it thank god and very little money, just my "bally" driving license I shall have to have renewed.(why I put it in my wallet I dont know as I dont carry credit cards in it anymore) I am normally so careful. I am going to boycott that place it is endemic inside the store, I read of someone getting done in there the other day and a woman had her purse stolen in front of me somewhile back, also someone got robbed outside a few weeks ago. And do they care no, didnt even want a description of the bloke. No I shall not be shopping there again. I only went in for one thing, that was obviously one thing too many!!
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Re: ROBBED IN ALDI´S IN TORROX COSTA

Postby Julie » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:15 pm

In all fairness, its not Aldis fault, there are thieves everywere, one just need to be vigilant, having said that, I am very sorry for it having happened as it is a awful thing to happen to anyone, timely reminder to us all to take more care,its so easy to be relaxed and taken by people who are fully aware of what they intend to do :(
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:12 pm

Well it is Alsi´s fault in a way because it keeps happening there. I dont even know of another supermarket where it has happened but I do know it has happened a lot in Aldi. It is only a small supermarket and some chap is pretending that the top lot of things are about to fall on top of him so I go and help and it has been a set-up job! needless to say they have left the pair of them pushing their way past the queue without buying anything and leaving with peoples purses, the lady in front of me was stung the other day and I know of at least two others robbed in Aldi and that is only me. I am certainly not going to shop there again it is obviously a place that theives know that they can go into and come out a lot richer than when they first went in without fear of failure and simply walk out without buying anything, I have never heard of any thefts in either Mercadona or Lldls but I know of at least five in the Torrox Costa Aldi so Ladies beware.

Not Eastern European, Spanish, German or English but fair and beefy. I feel a complete fool as I thought it was odd at the time. On well we live and learn :(

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Just to say that it does happen elsewhere - some friends of ours were caught outside the Lidl in Calahonda. A guy came up & told them that their car had a problem with the tyre (it had - the sods had stuck a nail in it :thumbdown: ), and when the husband went to look, the guy started talking about football & then began demonstrating some tackle, during which time he got the wallet. It had all their holiday spending money in - 1200e - which they know was foolish, but they'd just arrived & shot out to get food before the shops shut.....
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:22 pm

Oh yes it does happen outside, but I was inside the shop and so were all the others!! that is inside Aldi´s shopping. I shant be going again though! fortunately I never carry great wads around with me now. Someone got mugged - that is banged over the head! - and robbed outside of the vets here in Torrox Costa the other day, its is getting worse by the minute, never mind the people who woke up and found someone in their house the other day. They chased the chaps off but they went on and robbed the people down the road and beat them up at the same time!!

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:33 pm

What sort of a world do we have to live in today,i must be the most vulnerable bloke on the Costa, some one only has to ask for help and I'm in,this has got me really peed off,my Fay Say's do you have to talk to every one, yes Say's i, i like people, but it looks like i got to change my ways,I'm not happy, OK then i must be grumpy lol

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:53 pm

Well exactly welcome to the mugs club, next time I shall walk on by when someone needs a hand! because it may just be a set up job. Fortunately they didnt get much. Those long navy knickers we used to wear years ago with pockets in them were useful after all! I think I might go and order a few pairs.

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:58 pm

HA HA Ha ,patricia please post pictures, lol

Sandramay
Resident

Postby Sandramay » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:39 pm

These thieves are professionals, probably stolen all their lives. Being their victim made me feel like an idiot. I have had my purse stolen twice in Almunecar. Last year by two women, in a todas shop. The staff were brill, shouting after them and getting the police within minutes. They were very good, calling me back to the police station to view ct footage etc. They said organised gangs of Romanos were saturating the area.
Then this Easter I visited an ATM then went straight into Lidls. Within five minutes my bag (held in my hand) had been unzipped and my purse taken. It must have been a quick dip because at the bottom of my bag was my camera and phone. My sister and I think we had been watched and followed but fortunately the machine had be tampered with and I couldn't withdraw any money. So on that occasion they didn't get a lot. It's just the hassle of cancelling cards. I was aware of a man being in my personal space and from now on I shall elbow people and aplogise later if necessary.Lidls did not have security cameras installed,so they couldn't help. :(
I've also had my luggage stolen from a hire car.......... and yes it was locked out of sight in the boot.
I think I've done my bit towards the black economy. On all three occasions my Spanish neighbours were lovely, offering to go to their bank to withdraw money for me. They restore my faith in people.
I've now bought myself a new, across the chest bag, more secure than my bra :wink:
The other day a friend, here in Leics. came out of her bank, crossed a small precinct to a shop opposite and her purse had gone. So it's not just Aldi in Spain.
I wonder how much stock the shops lose to the thieves.
Sandramay

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:52 pm

Not sure why but it always seems to be the cheapest shops that have the most thieving. Same in the UK. Two people were robbed in a charity shop in Farnham last week.

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:53 pm

robbed in a charity shop !!! OMG !!

Sandramay
Resident

Postby Sandramay » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:55 pm

Possibly less security? Yet isn't Aldi one of the largest supermarket chains in Europe? So surely they could afford it.
Sandramay

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:40 am

Yes I think thats it. There are no video camera´s in Aldi and very few staff and so it is a lot easier. Yes they were obviously in the store waiting and had targette me as the first chap had an armful of things and then as I walked past tried to take things from the top of one of the pallats, obviously deleberately pullling down the top boxes so that they were about to fall - well making it look as if they were about to fall ontop of him - so I went like a mug as they had intended of course to push it back up meanwhile his partner had his hand in my bag, he must have had a bit of trouble getting it out because the guy put on an act of appearing to be a bit confused keeping me holding onto it a bit longer. No it has happened a lot inside Aldi´s in Torrox. The woman in front of me at the check-out the other day had her purse taken and then I have heard of a few more, all stolen inside the store, so they are not doing a lot about security there and they could not have cared less in the store, just told me to go to the Guardia - a lot of good they would be -. Lldls have security guards inside the shop so they could do the same thing there. I wouldnt mind I dont shop there a lot I went for their cheese which is very good, but shant go again. I mean it must be well known amongst the thieves that that Aldi´s in Torrox is a good place to go.

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:00 am

I think Aldi is German owned, perhaps a letter to the chief executive might get things at Torrox shaken up a bit

Mhic.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:08 am

This is what I am going to do. No good going to the Guardia or talking to the Manager in Aldi I did that yesterday. They obviously have a problem there :wtf:

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:55 am

I've been going to Aldi's in Torrox since it opened and never had a problem. My wallet is in a zipped inside pocket. I've never been approached for help in any shop. If I were asked I'd direct them to one of the members of staff.

btw ... I take it you reported the theft? Did you go to the Guardia to fill in a form? Does your house insurance cover theft away from home?
Dave

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:21 pm

It's spoiled the first day of our holidays a couple times outside Eroskis. Scuffy person aproaches asking some inane question or a plea for help, or pointing to a problem with the car. As OH's in full blown holiday mood she takes it out on me when I snarl and tell them to FOXTROT OSCAR in a good Andalucian/Scouse accent :) .
Maybe showing her this thread will spare me the first frosty 3 days of the break if it happens when we go over in July :thumbup:
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:22 pm

Yes I did and you know what there were three other people there also robbed from Aldi´s on the same day. And I must add you do not know what you would do until it happens to you.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:09 pm

As for the warning about Aldi, I don't shop there as I have closer shops. But robberies are happening everywhere. Friends were robbed in Lidl recenly, despite them having a security guard.

Many stores, including Lidl and Mercadona, have signs up warning people about such things. Maybe Aldi don't have them but surely everyone is aware that it is a possibility and should be being careful, especially during these depressed economic times.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:02 pm

I was dipped in El Ingenio last year, so I have experienced it. It is the feeling of foolishness and the intrusion into my personal space that caused the offence to me, not the loss of the money.
ádh mór ort agus sláinte.....
(Good luck and good health)!