Big Brother Spain

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Jool
Andalucia Guru

Big Brother Spain

Postby Jool » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Had a tax rebate....received it very speedily but they deducted several hundred as I owed money to another govt department even though no one had written to me about anything before! I am guessing at what it is although I don´t actually know, (unpaid basura) as I refuse to be the only person in my area who is made to pay this when everyone else (apart from the 2 british property owners I have to say, factual evidence not supposition before Bongtrees or Julian say anything) does not even receive a bill! If I make a fuss about it my neighbours will receive a bill and I will not be popular but we should be on the reduced rate and not the full rate as we are well over 300 metres from a bin (more like 1km) yet have now been forced to pay full rate. Yes I did appeal this but they just don´t bother to help or even respond so I decided to just not pay....********

The important message here is that clearly the government bodies have got their act together and are now co-ordinated against us!

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Re: Big Brother Spain

Postby Lavanda » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:20 pm

... but, Jool, I have to write that I think that if everyone paid their taxes and their bills, Spain would be a better place all round. You may become unpopular with your neighbours (but I don't understand how or why) but if they are not paying for something that they are getting ... tough! They should be!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:28 pm

Jool, that doesn't seem likely.

A tax rebate is from the government but basura/IBI is from the town hall.

If they have now got that sort of integrated system we should all be worried

Sid

pietree
Resident

Postby pietree » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:39 pm

One thing that Spain are not using the "manana" attitude on and that´s getting money in.
Thats it for now

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:39 pm

Precisely why I am writing this Sid - it clearly says this on the Hacienda refund notice

Detalle de Deducciones
Por deudas con otros Entes Publicos. DIPUTACION PROVINCIAL DE ALMERIA

and our rubbish bills are covered by a large conglomerate and not individual town halls (Consorcio Levante do ours) - what else could it be? Our IBI is paid up and not due for this year until September, it is domiciled in our bank account.

so it would seem to me that they do indeed have a co-ordinated system as they even quote the Exp. No (not that I have received anything by post before of course!)

Lavanda, I totally agree but they are a tight lot around here, most of them VERY wealthy german individuals (one or two genuine millionaires) but tight as the proverbial.... I am happy to pay what I should be paying but NOT for a service I am not receiving, if you are more than 300 metres away from a bin you pay approx one third of the standard cost....and we are over 1km away. If they sorted out their system and listened to us fine, but instead we have to pay for a man to come out from their office, measure the route from our house to the nearest bin, write a report, submit it to a committee and so on. Simple solution - check the route records of the dustbin lorry that covers our town, then there is no need for any extra expenditure as we are so clearly over 1km away from the bins!

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:53 pm

Ps I have been on buscamultas and it does not show anything - where is the relevant page for BOP Almeria (I can only get the normal home one) to find out what this is?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:55 pm

Jool wrote:Precisely why I am writing this Sid - it clearly says this on the Hacienda refund notice

Detalle de Deducciones
Por deudas con otros Entes Publicos. DIPUTACION PROVINCIAL DE ALMERIA
Then I am worried Jool.

On that basis they could auction your house for an unpaid town hall parking fine!

I am glad my Renta is up to date!

Sid

sassy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sassy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:30 pm

yes this happened to us also this year. Last year I bounced the direct debit for the ibi with the intention of going into pay with cash in September but unfortunately never got around to it & on completion of 2009 renta in May this year I was informed by my gestoria that there was a refund due on the tax return but also a reduction for an outstanding bill. Didn't make much difference to me as I was going to settle the ibi with the tax return refund anyway, they just saved me the job of having to queue up to pay :)

They, the town hall, initially put an embargo on 1 of my accounts but when they were notified of my tax refund they took it from there instead.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:46 pm

Isn't Buscamultas just for traffic fines?.

The search facility for the Almería BOP is here:

http://www.dipalme.org/servicios/boleti ... h?OpenForm
Let's go Brandon!

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:56 pm

Jool wrote:Had a tax rebate....but they deducted several hundred as I owed money to another govt department even though no one had written to me about anything before! (unpaid basura) as I refuse to be the only person in my area who is made to pay this when everyone else (apart from the 2 british property owners I have to say, factual evidence not supposition before Bongtrees or Julian say anything) does not even receive a bill! If I make a fuss about it my neighbours will receive a bill and I will not be popular but we should be on the reduced rate and not the full rate as we are well over 300 metres from a bin (more like 1km) yet have now been forced to pay full rate. Yes I did appeal this but they just don´t bother to help or even respond so I decided to just not pay...

Jool, you more than anyone know that you cannot just stop paying bills and expect nothing to happen to you and not just in Spain but anywhere in the world.

I just dont get the scared of the neighbours reactions excuse either because if that truly were the case you would have paid up on time. You cant have it both ways.

Lucky they didnt take your car or embargo your bank account then. :crazy:
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:07 pm

Bongtrees - you spend your forum "life" on my case and you weren´t there when I asked my neighbours about their bills and they said "what bills" followed by "don´t say anything" and get us all bills. Of course I knew I would have to pay one day, never intended to not pay what I legitimately owed but nothing more (I was told you cannot get a rebate) but why should I wait well over 2 years paying full rate when I should be paying the reduced rate while they get around to seeing how far the bins are from my house when there is such a simple way to find out (check the lorry route)?

I applied for the lower rate and they are supposed to check it out in 3 months I understand not 2 years and counting...... but did not dob in the fact that my neighbour´s don´t receive bills - so there you are "Your Honour" that is the evidence in my defence......., were you ever a magistrate or a hanging Judge by any chance? If not this time around you must have been in a previous life as its clearly in your blood.

You also missed the point of my post which Sid caught on to immediately - that there IS an integrated system now so we all need to beware.

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:50 am

in future when filling out any town hall forms, if they ask for you nationality put german instead of british, that should solve the problem.

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:33 am

Jool wrote: there IS an integrated system now so we all need to beware.
I wont dignify your diatribe with a response other than to say that if people pay their bills on time they can have nothing to fear from ¨the system¨.

Play with fire and you WILL get burnt seems to be the lesson some people never learn :crazy: .
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:49 am

So your response is not actually a response, hmmm, all it shows to me is your naiivete as we all have experience of not being advised re debts that have accumulated - even you as I recall when the police arrived to take your car away, but of course you would be entirely innocent in any encounter with anyone wouldn´t you?

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:43 pm

Jool wrote:So your response is not actually a response, hmmm, all it shows to me is your naiivete as we all have experience of not being advised re debts that have accumulated - even you as I recall when the police arrived to take your car away, but of course you would be entirely innocent in any encounter with anyone wouldn´t you?
The subtle difference being that I had not withheld/not paid my bills.

Something you would not understand of course as you are indeed a debtor by your own admission and you owed the town hall money for collecting and disposing of your rubbish.

That you and your husband are scared/in awe of your neighbours is your problem. Perhaps you should direct some of the venom you use on here towards them and get your rubbish sorted out.

If not pay up and shut up ........... its beyond boring.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:23 pm

There you again with your assumptions Judge Bong (now that has got me thinking.....). Nowhere in my original post did I whinge or complain about the fact it was deducted, merely reported it and alerted others to the possibility of it happening to them, maybe you could read and digest posts before leaping to judge in future.

I am not in awe or scared of my neighbours, simply respecting the fact they have been here for about 20 years longer than me and specifically asked me not to alert the Authorities to fact they don´t pay rubbish tax. I live as part of a small community of neighbours, I am not going to sour relations over something that is not my responsibility. All the other houses are on the catastro and Registro so its the Diputacion who should be checking that and ensuring people pay, not me!

As I thought you are a unique forum member, never ever responsible for any contribution in any way to any situation or exchange of views you are caught up in, are you and Julian brothers by any chance?

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:17 am