Spain V U.K

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
masterob
Andalucia Guru

Re: Spain V U.K

Postby masterob » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:01 am

fincalospinos wrote
Well, I have just spent the weekend in the UK, went out on Saturday night, 5 pints and 2 glasses of wine £32 and 70 effin pence !! What a rip off the joint is.
Last time I go back.
Are you jesting or are you seriously saying you are not going back to the UK again just because of the price of a few drinks? Hmm.

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:09 am

masterob wrote:fincalospinos wrote
Well, I have just spent the weekend in the UK, went out on Saturday night, 5 pints and 2 glasses of wine £32 and 70 effin pence !! What a rip off the joint is.
Last time I go back.
Are you jesting or are you seriously saying you are not going back to the UK again just because of the price of a few drinks? Hmm.

Apart from weddings, funerals, etc, ......NO
Hardworking resident !!

scampicat
Resident

Postby scampicat » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:59 pm

fincalospinos wrote:
frank wrote:
fincalospinos wrote:]
:clap: They saw you coming! :clap: There's one born every minute. Not sure where you went, but I'd struggle to spend half that, for those drinks.
All I can say Frank, is that there must have been a lot of us born at the same time because the place was full !!

Jim Allen
I don't know where you go drinking. We can get a pint and a G&T (single measure) for under a fiver (Midlands).
It was the Midlands, Tansley in Derbyshire ![/quote]

I'm talking West Midlands, Wolverhampton (near Birmingham).

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:09 pm

East Midlands (Worksop).
Ladies shampoo, cut and blow dry = £15
Carvery Sunday lunch = £9.95 for TWO people.
Fish and a huge portion of chips, (don't know what sort of fish, tho', probably panga :thumbdown: )= £2.
Don't drink in pubs, so no idea of beer prices.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:52 pm

Fish and chips in Scotland. Prices can be as high as £6.00. Usually around £5.20.
Dave

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:03 pm

pigs-might-fly wrote: Don't drink in pubs, so no idea of beer prices.
No, nor me, but passed one this afterrnoon, and it said Carlsberg £2.30 a pint, that struck me as quite inexpensive. Just picked up a M&S meal deal for 2, choice of main course, side dishes, sweets and a bottle of decent wine, £10. Can't be bad.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:35 pm

frank wrote:
pigs-might-fly wrote: Don't drink in pubs, so no idea of beer prices.
No, nor me, but passed one this afterrnoon, and it said Carlsberg £2.30 a pint, that struck me as quite inexpensive. Just picked up a M&S meal deal for 2, choice of main course, side dishes, sweets and a bottle of decent wine, £10. Can't be bad.
ummm..someone has hijacked frank´s nick, there are now two franks posting !!

the other frank wrote " We do a lot of walking here in UK, and often stop in a pub along the way and have a pint of shandy, and we never pay more than £5-£5.20 for two pints"

or maybe too much shandy has confused him as to whether he drinks in pubs or not, poor franky

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Surely it's not as simple as that. You can get a pint in Wetherspoons for 95p. It all depends where you like to partake of a tipple.
Dave

Jim Allen
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jim Allen » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:25 am

Lets have Spain V U.K and the rest so as its dosent look like I am trying to bash the Brits and I am not trying to sell something.

http://www.doingbusiness.org/rankings

Open to responce from all including Artisans :wave:

Jim Allen

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:39 pm

Jim Allen wrote:Lets have Spain V U.K and the rest so as its dosent look like I am trying to bash the Brits and I am not trying to sell something.

http://www.doingbusiness.org/rankings

Open to responce from all including Artisans :wave:

Jim Allen
OK, Jim. you start the ball rolling. this means we will want comparative pricing for the whole of the UK
I 'llwant full disclosure, and remember that you started the ball rolling, can you stop it ??
Ah! the full english!!

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:48 pm

The word responce (your interpretation by the way) is spelt response, how the *beep* can anyone of a reasonable intellect be expected to to interreact with morons who are incapable of using even basic grammar ?? PS a bit of support from the so called older (and supposed educated) posters would not go amiss, thanking you in anticipation (for those of you who understand the word) for your support !!
Ah! the full english!!

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Mowser wrote:It's a scalpel Jim! Scaples are just too blunt.
Forgive me mowser, for letting you down, I am unable to respond to our learned (right) !! colleague's intruiging post,god forgive me but I cannot pretend to be more stupid than I really am!!
Ah! the full english!!

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:09 pm

Retro P wrote:
Mowser wrote:It's a scalpel Jim! Scaples are just too blunt.
Forgive me mowser, for letting you down, I am unable to respond to our learned (right) !! colleague's intruiging post,god forgive me but I cannot pretend to be more stupid than I really am!!

Even though I have probably spelt "intruinging" wrongly, I am a pitiful creature and not worthy of any knid of praise, however unlike ALL politicians and 98% of estate agents I always tell the truth !!
Ah! the full english!!

Jim Allen
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jim Allen » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:37 pm

Hello Retro P
Please excuse me being a moron regarding my spelling. Never been my strong point as is my grammar. Very poor education you see as I spent 12 years of my childhood in hospital with Polio and to be honest I would rather be seen as who I am and not a pretence or is it pretense .
Yes I did post the original posting which was open to interaction by far more intelligent people that me or should I say myself or I.
I have just posted some other stats that also have a relevance to the U/K/Spain and those that are involved on both sides. I am the messenger who because of my lack of intelligence found the reasonably interesting and apologise if that is beneath your intellect
You are welcome and I would appreciate your contributions should you wish because as I have said I wish to continue to seek all information that apply to my situation.
I would appreciate it if you could stop the insults. :silent: and refer to my previous post regarding my stance on that matter.

With Kind Regards
JimAllen P.S You have made a couple of spelling mistakes in your last post/s

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:43 am

Polio eh, does that affect the brain then ??
Ah! the full english!!

Jim Allen
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jim Allen » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:14 am

Hello Retro P
No.It taught me that I am fortunate to be alive able to buld a business employing 20 people.
It also taught me to be a person who tries to treat others as they would like to be treated.
It also has taught me that not everyone shares the same values.
Of late its being able to accept that just a few like to come onto forums under an assumed name and like to play silly childish games insulting people they have never met .
Probably its some personal problem and they do this because it must be a vent from their sad lives where face to face they must feel very inferiour and an overall failure in the real world.
I have learnt to feel rather sad for these people as well :)

Jim Allen
Last edited by Jim Allen on Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

lulubel
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lulubel » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:21 am

Jim Allen, let this be a lesson to you.

Never start a Spain v UK thread on this forum because it always degenerates into petty bickering and mudslinging. It's such a shame because there's probably some valuable discussion to be had on the relative merits of the two countries.

Jim Allen
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jim Allen » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:46 am

Hello Lulubel
Yes that is clear now leeson learnt. :think:
Perhaps the title Spain V U.K was the problem.
In my silly way it was an attempt bring open conversation that both have many problems but not as bad as some make out.
It was an attempt to try to show that both countries have so many benefits and people should try to take a balanced view.
You may have seen a thread a while back “Are Forums Dying” there are just a few that will ensure they do and this is very sad indeed. As they say “Man is his worst enemy.”

Jim Allen :)
Last edited by Jim Allen on Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lulubel
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lulubel » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:49 pm

I agree. I don't think there are many places that don't have problems at the moment. I guess, as an individual, you just have to decide which set of problems works best for you. And for me, Spain wins because problems are always easier to deal with when the sun's out! (Not just that, it sounded a bit flippant, but the sun is a big contributing factor for me.)

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm

The sun is the only contributing factor for me :oops:
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.