Spain V U.K

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
JAWG
Resident

Re: Spain V U.K

Postby JAWG » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:58 pm

I don't know about UK as I haven't been there in about 7 years. But looking back on when we were in Spain Jan, Feb & Mar of this year, it seems that it rained everyday. So it is with some surprise that I read about the sun in Spain. (As the song says -"the rain in Spain falls----" and falls and falls.
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:00 pm

you picked the three rainiest months on record JAWG !!!!
please don´t come over this winter..pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:04 pm

Don't worry. It is Florida's turn this year. (They had a bad time last year too.) Weather in both places should be good this year. Law of averages?
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:06 pm

thanks JAWG :wink: :thumbup:

I´ll keep an eye on the florida weather this winter..take your armbands !!!

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Jim Allen wrote:Hello Retro P
No.It taught me that I am fortunate to be alive able to buld a business employing 20 people.
It also taught me to be a person who tries to treat others as they would like to be treated.
It also has taught me that not everyone shares the same values.
Of late its being able to accept that just a few like to come onto forums under an assumed name and like to play silly childish games insulting people they have never met .
Probably its some personal problem and they do this because it must be a vent from their sad lives where face to face they must feel very inferiour and an overall failure in the real world.
I have learnt to feel rather sad for these people as well :)

Jim Allen
Well there ya go Jim, my experiences are very similar, I was born in a howling gale on the deck of an old three masted barquentine whilst rounding cape horn (my father was an avid sailor, who sold his dads liver to purchase the vessel), I lived in a shoebox for the first nine months of my life till I was fortunate enough to inherit the seachest of a tar who was lost over board whilst reefing a t'gallant, when I was four I had to move into the lower mess with the midshipman who was hung like Shergar.

At the age of five I contracted a particularly virulent form of glaucoma and slowly started to go blind, this was a particularly difficult time for me as I had previously lost an arm in the upper t'gallants and had trouble with my Jacksy due to the unwelcome attentions of the aforementioned randy midship man.

Anyway to get back to my story Having spent fourteen years in hospital with gastro enteritus (the result of a dodgy kebab at Abdul's express heaven) I recovered sufficiently to start up and run a company currently employing over 700,000 employees with a turnover of 17 billion(and expanding) so you see our lives are not that dissimilar except of course that I don't believe a word I say !!
Ah! the full english!!

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:44 pm

I don't believe a word I say !!
Neither does anybody else!! :lol:
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:21 pm

You tell a good yarn though. :thumbup:

Jim Allen
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jim Allen » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:59 pm

Hello Retro P
Na .I don’t believe you either. :lol:
The artisan story was the real you and there cant be two of you in the area you live with a pecker that small.
That’s yer real problem isnt it. :thumbup: Had one of the reps in the office the other day. :think: Come on Retro P were all mates here so no need hide anymore.

Jim Allen

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:03 am

wa it you Jim who had problems in santa maria green hills?, it´s been in the news the last couple of days that these properties are presently being made legal as the promotor is now paying his dues.

Jim Allen
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jim Allen » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:40 am

There you go Julian. :wave:
Yep thats me.. Perhaps he can pay his management fees as well . :clap: .
Spain lose in matters like this thats for sure. :silent:
Thanks in anticipation if you can let me have any info. Its had more than its fair share of bad press due to some action group.

Jim Allen.
:

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:32 am

green hilss is mentioned here as being one of the first to be sorted,
it´ll probably be in english sur on friday

http://www.diariosur.es/v/20101124/marb ... 01124.html

Jim Allen
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jim Allen » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:16 pm

Thanks for that Julian
At least it may just shut up one sour face ole cow who has taken it upon herself to condemn this development and anyone that dares stand up to her as Spains total construction problem in her one women crusade
No thanks to her many have lost their deposits and thousands of Euros in legal fees all well with her so called expert advice when its not her money.
Those that did complete been treated as the enemy and too have been treated as idiots
(Well the idiot thing may apply to me) :think: .The lies and tricks to get anyone out of her way is another thing. :twisted:
I /We took the decision to complete and in the end we are losers as well in pure financial terms however the exchange rate was in our favour and the development is good and in a good area .NO I am not trying to sell something. :lolno: At the moment we haven’t lost as we haven’t cashed in.
Well that the goods news. Now the not so good news. The Malaga Council still have to put their stamp on it and while its ahead in the queue probably in 2020.
This is where Spain V U.K .Spain loses big style.

Jim Allen

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:57 pm

the malaga council have nothing to do with this, and no stamp can be needed from the malaga council.

as I read it the Green Hills complex is now done and dusted, others are on the way.

Las primeras edificaciones legalizadas en el municipio en virtud del PGOU son Santa María Green Hills y El Palmeral. Los promotores de ambos complejos residenciales, según indicó el delegado municipal de Urbanismo, han cumplido con las compensaciones que fijaba el PGOU, condición indispensable para culminar el expediente de normalización. La suma de las cargas supera los 1,3 millones de euros y la cesión de más de 6.500 metros cuadrados de suelo, además de trabajos de mejora y acondicionamiento de viales públicos.
Exceso de edificabilidad
En el caso de Santa María Green Hills, una promoción de 192 inmuebles en la zona de Elviria Norte, la mercantil Marbella Vista Golf ha tenido que desembolsar 566.312 euros correspondientes al 10 por ciento del valor del exceso de edificabilidad que presentaba la construcción respecto al PGOU de 1986. La licencia de obras del complejo, concedida por el Ayuntamiento durante el gobierno del GIL, fue impugnada en 2003 por el Tribunal Superior de Justicia de Andalucía (TSJA). Las cargas que fija el nuevo Plan para normalizar la promoción inmobiliaria incluyen también la ejecución del proyecto de refuerzo y mejora del vial situado frente a la urbanización.

Jim Allen
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jim Allen » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:37 pm

Well if thats right then the beer really is on me next time I am down 2 Euros or not money is no problem :clap:
I am sure that I will find out sometime as the habitation licence will need to be applied for.

Regards
Jim Allen

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:25 pm

I imagine that the licence will now be done between the promotor and town hall without each owner having to apply for it separately.

Jim Allen
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jim Allen » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:02 pm

Julian
Thanks for the information ,you may not agree but I do appreciate it.

Jim Allen

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:06 pm

it´s been on canal sur tv this week, so something important must have happened !

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:10 pm

julian wrote:wa it you Jim who had problems in santa maria green hills?, it´s been in the news the last couple of days that these properties are presently being made legal as the promotor is now paying his dues.
Some good news at last. Marbella is now probably the safest place to buy. Happy for my friend who bought there :thumbup:

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:28 pm

maybe a good place for you to look to move to Katy if life under the condems becomes too much for you !!! :wink:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Well, I never say never about anything :lol:

Really I have my eye on St. Kitts, no inheritance and income tax....and the weather is better :wink:

http://www.countrylife.co.uk/property/g ... Kitts.html