The Jet Stream is in the wrong place again!

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
julian
Andalucia Guru

Re: The Jet Stream is in the wrong place again!

Postby julian » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:47 pm

j4mes wrote:
Jool wrote:This is good rain and much needed........if you want less damp in general then move to Almeria province, we were significantly drier than you last winter and this is generally the case.....

Much needed!? Not here...I read (in the Sur at the end of last winter If memory serves me correctly) that we had so much rain in Malaga province last year that the reservoirs had enough water that it wouldnt matter if it rained for three years!
Welcome back j4mes, it´s been so long since you were here that I forgot that you allow yourself to comment on and correct other´s posts but no one is allow to correct or comment on your posts in the same way......nice to have you back

j4mes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby j4mes » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:42 pm

With a memory like yours, you didn't really forget did you, that was just sarcasm wasn't it!...

And it's good to be back, i've missed the banter :wink:

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:58 pm

something is in the wrong place, it´s been like summer here today,even at this time of evening it´s warm, what´s going on???

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:09 pm

Trade you. It's -10 here at 2:06 pm.

In London, Ontario, they have received 2 metres (that's 200 cm) of snow in the last few days. And before you ask, no that is not normal. Not even close to normal. I would think that at this time of year 20cm would still be high.
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:23 pm

I'm with you Julian, here on the mountain its still 20c at 20:20 local time, I'm not complaining . :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:35 pm

I'm finding it a tad warm. Damart now back in the wardrobe.
Dave

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:40 pm

I even hoovered the pool this morning :wtf:

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:45 pm

Tuesday evening -15 here, took longer to defrost car than driving to volunteer job at Animal Refuge.

No sooner thawed out animals water bottles than 20mins later they were frozen again.
On top of that there had been a power cut early that morning and so some of the repltiles had gone literally into suspended animation. I drew the line at carrying some snakes around tucked into my jumper,although the bearded dragon babies came around after being in the egg incubator for a while.

The scenery here in the Lakes is stupendous, it really is a winter wonderland, picture postcard etc, but try telling that to farmers etc struggling to get fodder to their animals., especially after being hit by last winters weather plus floods and before that foot and mouth and bse.
Hats off to those hardy lot :thumbup:

Our friend rang us from Saudi complaining about the heat and sister -in- law rang from Gambia revelling in the hot weather.
We aren't visiting Spain until Spring next year providing, the snow here has gone, no-one connected with air travel is going on strike and no volcanoes decide to erupt.

What are the odds???????
I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire.