When Charity Begins at Home....

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

When Charity Begins at Home....

Postby BENIDORM » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:51 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but we always try to buy Once tickets off the same seller, it has become almost a ritual...a standing order even, until we worked out just how much we spent a year on lottery tickets... :shock:
If we don't buy any, and save the money, we could probably afford a two week holiday in Hong Kong. :thumbup:

So sorry Mr.Once seller ....you are fired..!...

After second thoughts that's probably a bit harsh...so we will just buy the Euro Lottery and one Once ticket a week, and just have Ten days in Hong Kong.... :lol:

And we will have to look at who we buy stuff at the door...trouble is I always feel sorry for them...but they've probably got more money than us..!..

RIGHT...No more Mr.Nice Guy...I'm going to get mean... :cry:

It sort of reminds me of my Mum, she used to buy Ringtons Tea off the same guy every week...for years..she had cupboards full of boxes of tea-bags...She used to present me with 6 boxes every-time I called... :)
B*gger....Just had a thought...what happens if my numbers come up next week, and I haven't bought a ticket ?.....Oh Well...I didn't really want to go to Hong Kong anyway....the local Chinese Todo will have to do...

Regards,
Gordon...

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Re: When Charity Begins at Home....

Postby anyroads » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:20 pm

I feel sorry for the number of able bodied men I see selling lottery tickets.

There can't be a lot of profit in it, but at 20% unemployment, I suppose it is better than nothing.

anyroads

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:47 pm

Hi anyroads,
All Guys and Gals up this way that sell lottery tickets are far from able bodied, I've always thought it was Spain's answer to disability allowance.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:05 pm

I've always assumed that most of the lottery ticket sellers are in someway disabled, certainly most of the Once sellers...
I did come across a conman many moons ago,selling lottery tickets and he was also going around the bars passing out cards saying that he was deaf and dumb, the card had pictures of sign language on it and asked for a small donation if you wished to keep the card...
He turned out to be Belgian con man who had got away with it for years...
Many times I saw people testing him by offering him money when his back was turned, but no one caught him out.....But he was eventually stopped by a sharp eyed policeman and arrested after he checked his identity....

Regards,
Gordon..

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:51 pm

Originally the sellers were blind or partially sighted, that's what O.N.C.E. stands for, then they started using disabled people & in recent years ,due to a shortage of sellers , able bodied people were employed.
Todos somos Lorca.