get insurance company involved or not?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
surfjabroni
Andalucia.com Amigo

get insurance company involved or not?

Postby surfjabroni » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:26 am

Hi everyone, I have tenants in my apartment in La Barrosa, Chiclana. The apartment is urbanised and part of a residents association.

My tenants informed me that there is now damp in the bedroom walls. (I have seen photos). I know there has been heavy rain and it could be as simple as a broken tile in the roof I guess but I am not in Spain so cannot get hands on about this.

My question is would you get the insurance company involved (it's Generali seguros)?
or contact the resident association group (I think they have some maintenance agreements)
or pay someone else to look/solve it.

This is the first problem like this I have had so not sure which way to play it at this stage.
Cheers,
Andy
a bad day in the water beats a good day in the office.... nos vemos en la cresta.. xx andy

Ama
Resident

Re: get insurance company involved or not?

Postby Ama » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:34 pm

First of all contact you Community administrator or president, as if it's related to the building it should be covered by the maintenance and any indoor damages by the community insurance