So, how is the weather where you are ???

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Julie
Andalucia Guru

So, how is the weather where you are ???

Postby Julie » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:10 pm

Well, it was forecast to be cold or even below freezing, so how is your local weather where you are ?
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Re: So, how is the weather where you are ???

Postby Paula » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:18 pm

Really cold here on the coast today, had to buy a wooly scarf while I was out this morning :lolno:
Had a roaring fire on all afternoon and stayed in.

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:31 pm

8 degrees here with cold biting wind. had fire lit since 10am and house a lovely 23degs.
was out his moring though and it nearly blew me away! :)
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:46 pm

Hi,
Cold easterly wind blowing most of the day but dropped late this afternoon, kept warm beating the olives from the trees..........came in at 19:30 and fired up the log burner and now its toasty .......... :D

Had some frosty mornings this week and the road into town over the hill was white on Friday, and as our Scandinavian cousins would say...................bery slippy 8)
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:53 pm

had a very cold wind at the airport all day.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:56 pm

Ten degrees, windy, overcast. The dog and I hibernated all day! OH went shopping but came back feeling frozen. Who says we don't need the winter fuel payment??
Brian.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:44 pm

We're in Lincolnshire at the moment.... :shock:

The smoke from the not so distant power station mingled with the fast moving dark clouds as I stared at the sky, and small clusters of birds sat with fluffy plumage on the nearby overhead telephone wires, huddling together to keep warm......

We'd trailed the shops all morning,my good lady and I, and my weary aching legs could take no more, so I sat on a bench with two other old brass monkeys whilst our wives trawled even more shops for bargains...
One of the other brass monkeys turned to me and said, '' I wish I was in Spain now soaking up the warm sun whilst sipping my cold beer'', the other brass monkey joined in ..adding ''me too''...
I hadn't the heart to tell them that at the moment it's also ff....ff...ff...fr... very cold also in Spain ...
So I just nodded in agreement....
I was about to tell them that in a short while we will be back home in Spain.....but hadn't the heart...

We sat for more than half an hour..almost now suffering from hypothermia....
I could imagine tomorrows headlines in the local paper...''Three Old Men Found Frozen To Death On A Bench In The Shopping Centre''....
Yes.. now I was feeling sorry for myself.... :cry:
I watched the shop door which my wife had disappeared into, like a loyal ,faithful puppy....
Eventually she appeared with four large shopping bags and one small one...
Look what I've got for you, she proclaimed, as she reached into the small bag, pulling out a woolly scarf,....and it was reduced from £9.00 to £3.00...She proudly announced....
I managed to make my frozen lips work as I croaked, thank you, it's lovely, but under my breath I muttered ...but too late..I'm beyond help......

And Yes, it's been a cold and miserable week here......

Regards,
Gordon the Frozen One....

janda_grant2
Resident

Postby janda_grant2 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:50 pm

Spent the morning working in the garden - sunny but chilly. Nowhere near as cold though as some places seem to be. Obviously paying to be inland for once.
I can spell but I can't type

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:53 pm

Well, I'm not in Spain, Britain or Canada. On another thread, Gaz was upset because I didn't provide a weather report.

I'm glad I'm not at home in Canada. Temp. there (Ottawa) right now is -17 C or 0 F. (I'm not sure wether temperatures reported on here are in C or F)
Here in Florida (Kissimmee) it is not that nice. 12 C or 54 F with very chilly winds. Well below their normal average of 71 F about 21 C.

However, I'll survive.
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:57 pm

Oops. Gaz is on that other forum that cannot be named (ML). I'll have to do a better job of remembering where and when.
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

wendyakemp
Resident

Postby wendyakemp » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:04 am

I am in t he U.K. and it was sunny but not very warm.
My daughter is in Tenerife and it was 23c but showery and due to rain for a week!!!!

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:14 am

Overcast and 7 deg but not as cold as yesterday (Morón de la Frontera, Sevilla) I thought my hands were going to drop off yesterday as I hung out the washing :shock: At least the strong wind dried the washing nicely.
It has been trying to rain this morning, just a few spits and spots nothing much. The hens were unhappy with the strong winds yesterday, just 1 egg (from 15 hens that lay) this morning there were 3 eggs waiting in a nesting box, so they must be happier that the winds have dropped a bit :D
So am I, no need to have the log burner going all day :D

teralin
Resident

Postby teralin » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:25 am

It's just started to snow here in the hills near Velez Malaga

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:08 pm

Hi,
Snowing here too .. 0c............just about see three trees down the hill.

Guess IreneD (from another thread) made the right choice :D Concrete and tiled houses not the warmest places in this sort of weather.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:34 pm

Every day here in the Lake district is different, they are right about having 4 seasons in 1 day, Wednesday lovely sunny warm Spring day,Thursday and Friday very heavy frost and black ice on roads, today, every trace of frost gone amd milder with showers.

We got an estimate for our gas bill yesterday and are £55 in debit, ha, the proper reading will easily add another £100+ to that.
When does Winter end officially and Spring begin, not that it really matters as we've had heavy snow in late March before.
I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:23 pm

Enrique, yes - we are pleased we decided not to come over this time. it's actually 6 degrees here in Lincolnshire today, so a bit warmer than Canillas. Seems crazy :crazy: OH is happy not to be driving up and down the mountain in snowy conditions, although I don't suppose it will last long. A couple of years ago, when we were there and had snow, we were without electricity for 24 hours - a long time - I got very grumpy indeed! Yep, very pleased we decided to stay put! :thumbup:

bunty
Resident

Postby bunty » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:00 pm

Been snowing here this morning in Granada city though nothing has settled and has stopped now...

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:01 pm

Wise move Irene, I'm in the Spanish house at the moment and I can see the snow on Maroma from here (when the cloud clears occasionally). Our house is just freezing. We've had the aircon heating on all morning and I lit the log fire at lunchtime but it has only just crept up to 15.5 C in the livingroom :crazy: . Our Sky dish moved in the wind yesterday and we cannot get it to re-align so no TV either :thumbdown: .
Last edited by Wicksey on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deidrev
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby deidrev » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:03 pm

Absolutely pouring with rain and blowing hard,a rough Med. :(
Not going out, staying in with the heating on and keeping warm!
San Luis de Sabinillas.
Where there's a will, there's a way!

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:53 pm

Our house is usually around 60 - 62º downstairs without heating on. Upstairs is baltic.
In the winter we don't use the upstairs rooms apart from airing them. Heating was switched on about 15 minutes ago and the temperature is now at 66º. It will hit 70º within another half an hour assuming the voltage doesn't drop. A curtain now blocks off the access to upstairs so downstairs heats up quicker.

The bed has an electric blanket so there's never a problem with the cold there. Roll on Spring.

(I looked outside earlier today ... didn't like it so I have remained indoors).
Dave