Internet Connection

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
alicia
Andalucia.com Amigo

Internet Connection

Postby alicia » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help. Our internet connection gone funny. We have one telephone line coming into the property. The telephone line in the Apartment below works fine if we dont use our internet but when we do, then the phone line in the apartment below stops working. Anyway, a Telefonica Engineer came out this morning and said everything was fine with phone connection and ADSL line and said the problem was with our router!!!! It is true that we did replace our router a short while ago but everything was fine - both internet connection and telephone line both worked regardless of whether they were used at same time. There is an filter on the incoming telephone line in the apartment below - wonder if anyone could throw any light as to what is causing the problem - don´t really want to call out engineer again as once he knew our router wasn´t a telefonica one, he sort of lost interest.

Also, does anyone know if Satellite Internet any good!!!!!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Internet Connection

Postby Enrique » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:51 am

Hi alicia,
I would put the original Telefonica router back on and see how things go.
I would also suspect there will be a problem.........so leave it on and then call engineer out.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

julian
Andalucia Guru

Re: Internet Connection

Postby julian » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:02 am

turn the router on and off a few times, sometimes they burst into life again !!!