Dead Tree Removal

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
marchamona
Andalucia.com Amigo

Dead Tree Removal

Postby marchamona » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:59 pm

Over the past few years, three large trees have gradually died off. Now they're shedding bark and branches (when it's windy).

Does anyone have information on someone who could remove them for us. Preferably around the Periana area.

Thank you

telboy
Resident

Re: Dead Tree Removal

Postby telboy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:53 pm

We have the same problem. We live in the campo, flourishing Elm trees once occupied the steep bank down to a dry river bed on the edge of our land. Three years back they all became infested with Dutch Elm Disease and died, they are also shedding bark and some have collapsed in the direction of the river bed and others are likely to fall inwards towards the garden.

Who is responsible for these trees if our land boundary ends at the top edge of the steep river bank and trees grew down the slope? From whom do I seek permission to have the trees felled?

Thanks for any replies.

gretch
Resident

Postby gretch » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:28 pm

We had a similar problem with trees (on the edge of a camino) leaning towards our house and starting to rot at the bottom. We went to the town hall, filled in a ‘solicitude form’, and about three weeks later a couple of guys came and cut them down.
And as a bonus, we also got the wood!
Don’t know if it’s the same where you are, but maybe worth a try?

gretch

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:05 pm

Thanks Gretch

I'll see if they have one of these 'Solicitude Forms' down at our Ayuntamiento, I hope its a generic form issued throughout Andalucia.

Was it a couple of guys from the 'Junta de Andalucia' who cut the trees down?

I take it there was no charge this service?

Cheers

lenox
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lenox » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:08 pm

My 200 pine trees were burnt in a 'brush-fire' a couple of years back and now the roots have rotted away and the trees are falling down in the wind. It's quite a thing to either push over or wait for a tree to fall down by itself. So far several have crushed the fence between us and the neighbour's fields. I have been giving away the wood to anyone with a chainsaw and am slowly getting through this - though there's one huge tree leaning over my garage that's ready to fall. No one wants to have a go at it.

gretch
Resident

Postby gretch » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:12 pm

telboy wrote:Was it a couple of guys from the 'Junta de Andalucia' who cut the trees down?

I take it there was no charge this service?
Telboy, the guys work in the town, so I presume it’s the town hall that employs them, either way it was all official.

No, there was no charge :clap:

gretch