Rentals

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Raquel
Andalucia.com Amigo

Rentals

Postby Raquel » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:53 pm

Hello

I hope some of you may be able to answer my query, what is the rental market like over there at the moment - for instance what would the going rate be for a 3 bed country house in Cartama cost pcm.

Thanks in advance

Roz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Rentals

Postby Roz » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:51 am

It all depends on what you are offering e.g pool. I am having a very good year but others in our village are not. A good way to arrive at a rental rate is to compare other similar properties to your own in your area. Also worth checking their availability calendar on their holiday rental website such as a ownersdirect, holidaylettings and holiday-rentals.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:52 am

If you are thinking of renting out a property long term I would think again. I have an apartment on the coast which I rent out for holiday rentals but there is no way I would entertain a long let to either a 'resident' foreigner or a Spaniard. I would prefer that it stood empty.

The property owners I know who are renting out their properties on long lets all have problems collecting the rent and evicting non-paying tenants.
Let's go Brandon!

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:05 am

Beachcomber wrote:If you are thinking of renting out a property long term I would think again. I have an apartment on the coast which I rent out for holiday rentals but there is no way I would entertain a long let to either a 'resident' foreigner or a Spaniard. I would prefer that it stood empty.

The property owners I know who are renting out their properties on long lets all have problems collecting the rent and evicting non-paying tenants.
I'll second that, stay well clear of long term rentals, they cause nothing but problems.
Hardworking resident !!

malagaman2005
Resident

Postby malagaman2005 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:50 pm

Is the OP asking about properties to rent or renting out their property?
" If at first you don't succeed then skydiving is not for you"

littleeak
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby littleeak » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:48 pm

I resent your negative comments re long term rentals. We are renting long term............ pay our rent & other bills on time, look after the property etc. Several of our friends also rent & do not cause problems for the owners.

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:49 am

There are exceptions to every rule ......

The thing being that Spanish long term lets favor the tenant - not the land lord !

lulubel
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lulubel » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:16 pm

Martin Page wrote:The thing being that Spanish long term lets favor the tenant - not the land lord !
Unlike in England, where you can be kicked out of your home for no reason with just 2 months' notice.

We have a clause in our contract here that (apparently) would enable the landlord to get us out easily if we didn't pay the rent or bills, or damaged the house, and would also allow us to leave with one month's notice at any time if we needed to. I don't know how watertight it is, but it might be worth looking into if anyone's thinking of letting out a property.