Renewing my Residencia

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Jk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Renewing my Residencia

Postby Jk » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:21 pm

Can anyone please help. My residencia card expires shortly and I want to renew as soon as possible, I understand that we only receive a paper residencia and not a new card.
My question is regarding renewal, is there an appointment system in place in Marbella or do we have to stand for hours or can anyone suggest an alternative method.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Jk.

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Re: Renewing my Residencia

Postby Alan-LaCala » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:08 pm

I believe it is an appoinment system everywhere; it certainly is in Fuengirola. It seems as if they have recently changed the form you have to complete, so if you have an old one, make sure you download the latest form.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:25 pm

When I did mine, I couldn't make an appointment.I had to turn up and hope they would be able to see me.On the forum there have been stories of people not being able to make an appointment, not being seen and having to go back the next day, although it might have changed by now.
Maybe someone with more recent experience will post

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:41 pm

According to Julian it is easy in Marbella.

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=27037&p=250055&hilit=marbella#p250055

Sid

sassy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sassy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:08 pm

JK

I renewed my residencia in Marbella last week. I arrived at 8am & there was a queue of about 20 people already. The police hand out numbers at 8.30 and the necessary form which you need to add your NIE number to & then you make a bit of a run down the road to the nearest bank to pay the fee (under 11€ plus you do NOT need photos for renewal) then get back in line. At 9am people start to be admitted into the building. You wait whilst others push in & fall out with them for some time for being impatient buggers then you finally see someone who tells you to come back in 20 minutes to collect your green bit of paper. We went for a coffee then came back because there isn't a lot of room up there! Whole process 3 hours :-)

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:19 pm

Well in our area it is really simple. No appointments needed. Park outside the huge new Policia Nacional office and walk in. Three people waiting for 5 desks. Wait 2 or 3 minutes and sit down with documents (photos needed!)

Given tax form, walk to bank and pay. Go back to office - no queue - walk to desk and pick up magic green form! No need to hand in old card which, although expired, seems to be accepted for ID.

Why can't it be like that everywhere?

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:22 pm

So no appointment needed and you were lucky.... only 3 hours....I was there nearly 8 hours but at least I don't need to go back.
Edited
even better for Sid ...can't remember the photo bit but as I went loaded with a couple maybe I needed them

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:26 pm

Are you all renewing at the same time :o

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:20 pm

no..... I did mine three years back

julian
Andalucia Guru