Satellite Dish affected by the Intense Heat

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
alicia
Andalucia.com Amigo

Satellite Dish affected by the Intense Heat

Postby alicia » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:42 pm

Hi

I know in the winter the pictures normally received by Satellite Dishes break up and become pixellated (not sure if I have spelt that right or not.....possibly not) - but over the last few days the picture received on my TV from the Sat dish is also breaking up and becoming pixellated..........is it the hot weather causing this as it is the first time I have been aware of it during the summer - or is there another reason possibly.........

Any guide would be helpful.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Satellite Dish affected by the Intense Heat

Postby El Cid » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:17 pm

It's more likely to be something else like dish alignment or a dodgy LNB.

Sid

alicia
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alicia » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:09 pm

Thanks Sid.

Maybe time to give the Sat Engineer a ring then. Blinkin nuisance though as I wanted to watch Who Do You Think You Are this evening with J K Rowling. Never mind.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:13 pm

If you missed it, watch it on the iplayer.

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:03 am

alicia wrote: Blinkin nuisance though as I wanted to watch Who Do You Think You Are this evening with J K Rowling. Never mind.
She has lots of french cousins & she cries at gravesides and one of her cousins fought in WW1 :D . They were very poor ... lived in Alsace Lorraine and had to become germans..... after the war they became french again. There you go.

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:47 am

scotty wrote:
alicia wrote: Blinkin nuisance though as I wanted to watch Who Do You Think You Are this evening with J K Rowling. Never mind.
She has lots of french cousins & she cries at gravesides and one of her cousins fought in WW1 :D . They were very poor ... lived in Alsace Lorraine and had to become germans..... after the war they became french again. There you go.
V. funny! I really like these series' but the ones that get on my nerves are generally actors/actresses. They are in a world of their own and when they find out an ancestor 200 hundred years ago died of the clap caught off the village ewe, they blub their eyes out!

It really shows how actors do not see the normal world the same as the rest of us.

I have been into Genealogy for nearly 30 years. It is very important to make sure every fact regarding your family is absolutely correct. Actors and their like are presented with information 'This COULD have happened to your Gt Gt Gt Grandmother' and they automatically assume it did.

True facts don't register with all actors, when they are presented with a 'maybe', if it suits them, they see that is the god given truth.

I don't think actors are dishonest, they just see life in a different way to the rest of us.

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:27 pm

Its most likely your LNB bombing out ... but there have been alot of solar flares recently that can also interfere with a weak signal !

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:33 pm

It is definitely not the heat its 40c here today heavens only knows what it is on the roof but it never affects my satellite dish,it could be a wasp nest(not crazy honest) we had one once and it really messed up the signal,might be worth a look.