Electricity In The Campo

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
alicia
Andalucia.com Amigo

Electricity In The Campo

Postby alicia » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi

A friend has built a house in the campo but doesn´t have electricity. She seems to think that she has all the necessary paperwork from the builder - who I think used "builders electricity" whilst house was under construction. I don´t suppose anyone would be able to detail a step by step simple approach to getting electricity connected and relevant standing order set up to Endesa as previously when she has tried - she seems to get the runaround.

annfoto
Resident

Re: Electricity In The Campo

Postby annfoto » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:24 pm

They will need to see the boletín which is a certificate issued by an authorized electrician that the installation meets the necessary requirements. It will show the maximum amount of power you can contract for.
They will also want to see the Licence of First Occupation if the house was legally built as a Vivienda. If not they can get a limited electricity supply for an agricultural building eg. a Nave, Almacen or Apero.
Visit Endesa with all the relevant documents, the above plus escatura, passport, residentia, bank details all with photocopies and anything else you can think of.
Good luck.
Ann

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:46 pm

There are Agents who do this, like gestors but not; we used one in Pizarra when we needed connecting, our house is 150 years old, he did everything including the connection.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:13 pm

as above.

the house needs a "bollatin" (like a technical inspection, costs about 100€)

you need a "licencia de primero occupation" - ( first ocupation licence)

and if there are no pylons (metal ones) nearby that are avaliable to connect to... shes gonna have to pay for x amount of pylons as well. could be in the thousands of €. (which you have to pay for - sevilliana endesa dont do that bit) wether theres a pylon right next to her house or not means nothing, they will send a technician and he will tell you if theres any power left at that pylon - they can only take a certain amount of connections.

IFeverything is correct and avaliable you can stay on "builders" electric (just normal electric without a meter on it :roll: ) until the technician comes to install the meter.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

alicia
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alicia » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:47 am

Hi

Thank you for all the information which I will now pass on. Spanish Lad, I take it that it is Endesa themselves who will send out one of their own Technicians to check if there is any power left at relevant Pylon? Do you as a customer or potential customer have to pay for this Technician or is that incorporated into a future bill or something. Also, If all is correct and available and you stay on "builders electricity" until a meter is fitted, how do Endesa monitor what usage you have used prior to the meter being fitted?

Sorry to be a nuisance but my poor friend is at wits end.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:01 pm

Also, If all is correct and available and you stay on "builders electricity" until a meter is fitted, how do Endesa monitor what usage you have used prior to the meter being fitted?
If "builders" electric is used, a meter must be installed. I have of course seen many houses being built where the builders simply hack into the power.

Endesa took a trip to Frigiliana campo a few years back and issued fines. These fines weren't paid by the builder but by the person whose name was on the work licence.
Dave

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:55 pm

You can't stay on a builders supply for ever. Endesa eventually remove the meter if you haven't applied (with the right papers) for a domestic supply.

Sid

annfoto
Resident

Postby annfoto » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:13 pm

There is a house near us that has had a "hacked" electricity supply for 8 years. The house was built in 2003 without a licence so no possibility of getting a "licencia de primero occupation".
They have no possibility of getting an agricultural supply either as it is a120m sq villa on a 3000m plot. With that amount of land you would only get permission for a 40m sq almacen and only if the ground was put to agricultural use. It is a UK owned holiday house and the ground is covered in caña :crazy:
Ann

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:45 pm

annfoto wrote:There is a house near us that has had a "hacked" electricity supply for 8 years.
There's a lot of it about! :roll:

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:13 am

alicia wrote:Hi

Thank you for all the information which I will now pass on. Spanish Lad, I take it that it is Endesa themselves who will send out one of their own Technicians to check if there is any power left at relevant Pylon? Do you as a customer or potential customer have to pay for this Technician or is that incorporated into a future bill or something. Also, If all is correct and available and you stay on "builders electricity" until a meter is fitted, how do Endesa monitor what usage you have used prior to the meter being fitted?

Sorry to be a nuisance but my poor friend is at wits end.

of course the posters above are right, there should be a meter installed, but the builder will generally "hack" the electric or run a lead from somewhere if its available.

endesa send the technician, and as far as i know, there is no charge for it.

if the electric is "hacked" or borrowed, there is no charge - at most, slip the neighbour 20€ if you´ve plugged in on their side :thumbup:
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

alicia
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alicia » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi

Just a quick update. Spoke to Endesa and they said in addition to all the other stuff (documents wise that is) my friend has to have a "Permiso De Ayuntamiento"!!! I asked if this was the same as a Licence of First Occupation and the lady in Endesa office said that no it wasn´t. So, would anyone perhaps know exactly what a "Permiso De Ayuntamiento" is with regard to getting Finca hooked up to the electricity supply.

annfoto
Resident

Postby annfoto » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:56 pm

I think it is planning permission & they want to see the building licence.
Ann