Debts on vehicles

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
pietree
Resident

Debts on vehicles

Postby pietree » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:36 am

I am told you have to be careful when buying a car as debts can stay with them and you become liable.

can anyone explain why, when I sold my car in august 2009 using a Gestor and was made to pay up the tax before letting it go, that now in 2011 I have a bill for the tax?

Although I know I paid it but gave the new owner all the paperwork, why didn't this debt go to the new owner?

My gestors secretary reckons I have topay it why can this be?

I'm confused now as to why I had to pay and up to when selling in 2009 and I get a bill this year.
Thats it for now

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Re: Debts on vehicles

Postby Mowser » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:40 am

Although I know I paid it but gave the new owner all the paperwork
The new owner probably didn't complete the paperwork. My neighbour keeps getting bills for a car he sold 4 years ago. Hew passed the paperwork to the new owner who did nothing about it.
Dave

pietree
Resident

Postby pietree » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:43 am

Mowser wrote:
Although I know I paid it but gave the new owner all the paperwork
The new owner probably didn't complete the paperwork. My neighbour keeps getting bills for a car he sold 4 years ago. Hew passed the paperwork to the new owner who did nothing about it.
But it was all done through a gestor?
Thats it for now

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:46 am

It was where you said "I gave the new owner all the paperwork" that confused me. Perhaps the owner said he'd deal with it himself. I suggest you ask the gestor.
Dave

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:04 pm

Until the fact that the car has a new owner is registered with traffico then, technically, you are still the owner and are liable for all bills.
Looks to me if your gestor did not do all he should have.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris