Campo Fire Dates

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
telboy
Resident

Campo Fire Dates

Postby telboy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:14 pm

Last year we received with our electricity a leaflet from the emergency services stating a date from 1st June to 15th October at which it is strictly illegal to light an open fire on our land without permission. We had nothing similar posted to us this year.

Does anyone know whether these dates apply for all provinces of Andalucia or do they differ from province to province, and do they change year after year depending on the weather leading up to Summer?

Cheers

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Campo Fire Dates

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:48 pm

Permits for bonfires are issued by the town hall. You will get information for your particular area there.
Let's go Brandon!

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:58 pm

Well, I'm coming out 26th. October to get the weeds etc. burnt. If I can't do it then I will just have to spend the time in the bar. :thumbup:

Martin

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:15 pm

Sounds like a plan :lolno:
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

flan_taster
Resident

Postby flan_taster » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:57 am

In the area that I know (Cadiz province) it seemed that Thursdays were good days to have a bonfire in the campo so just to check I went to the local fire station and asked the man behind the desk. He didn't know the answer so went to the police station at his suggestion and the guy with the gun and moustache said with a flurry - any day is ok. He then put a cigar in his mouth. So now I just look at nearby locals to see if they have bonfires.
I don't think that it is wise to burn things before the winter rains have really started.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:00 pm

The ayuntamiento issues the permissions here around mid October BUT it depends on the rain. The decision for the exact date is made at Junta level and the Town Halls are notified accordingly.

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:54 pm

A friend up the road (in Iznate) has been told "after the 15th. October".

barry
Resident

Postby barry » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:58 pm

Seems best advice is to check with ayuntamiento as to if you need permission and what dates as there is a lot of local differences.

Anntonio
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Anntonio » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:00 pm

I agree. I had to go to the town hall, they have dates for you to get a licence posted on the wall. I had to be there at 9am on a certain day and waited with the farmers.After going through my paper work, in Spanish by two environmental officers I was issued with a licence. It ran from 9th nov to 14th april. No fires on weekends, or fiestas :crazy: and only between the hours of 8am and 1pm. Not within 5 meters of a road or neighbours property! But I watched burning going on at weekends all around! I just kept to the law, just in case :angel:

curatokid
Resident

Postby curatokid » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:48 pm

As a matter of interest how much did the licence cost ?

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:00 pm

According to the forecasts I use, it is really going to rain hard this Thursday night /Friday morning - storm level so if you do have a bonfire stash it might be worth covering it up to try to keep it a bit dry in readiness for when you can begin to burn.
The forecast doesn't look to good for rain for the entire weekend around my area.

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:08 pm

..just checked again and the storm build up has gone but it still looks like two days of rain.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:38 pm

They are free up here with one copy for the Ayuntamiento, one for the Guardia and one for the applicant.

Anntonio
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Anntonio » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:53 pm

The licence is free. You may get away with out one, but because I have quite a bit of land and a lot onf bamboo I want to be legal. As most things here just follow the law. You meet a lot of nice farmers that want to help you as they then know you love the land and produce. Put your ideas in, they sometimes work. They have with me. Listen and look, but do not be affraid to use what you know! Slome locals told me "thats wrong" but when my trees are full and everything is good I just smile.

Anntonio
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Anntonio » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:58 pm

When it is dry it is very dry. I went to town one day and some clown had thrown a cig out of a car and set fire to the cana. Thank God that the guy,who lived away was there next door at the time. I helped him to put out the fire for a couple of hours, but if he had not been there the lot, and the house would have gone.