Photo booths

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Photo booths

Postby hillybilly » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:05 pm

I need to get some passport photos - does anybody know the location of a photo booth in the Antequera/Puente Genil areas? I can't for the life of me recall if I've seen any! Do they have them in the railway stations??! Thanks!

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Re: Photo booths

Postby hillybilly » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:19 pm

or Osuna...

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi Hillybilly,
Can DIY if you have a digital camera and a colour printer.........

http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/techni ... nting.html

We have done it .
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:45 pm

Hello Hillybilly,
Long time no see !!.
I'm sure that they had a photo booth in the Eroski centre in Antequera, lower floor if I remember correctly..
Hope that it is still there...

Regards,
Gordon..

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:14 pm

Presumably this is for a UK passport. If so I don't think the photographs produced by Spanish photo booths are acceptable.
Let's go Brandon!

annfoto
Resident

Postby annfoto » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:26 pm

The rules for photographs are a bit relaxed if you are renewing a UK passport in Madrid i.e. they don't have to have a grey background white is Ok size matters though. Visit the Embassy website for details.
You can indeed get someone to take your photograph on a decent digital camera and print it on glossy photo paper on a half decent printer, that is what I did earlier this year (background was white wall of house).
Ann

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:33 pm

BENIDORM wrote:...I'm sure that they had a photo booth in the Eroski centre in Antequera, lower floor if I remember correctly..
Yes, it's on the way into La Veronica from the covered carpark (or at least it was a couple of weeks ago) - on the left as you emerge into the daylight !! :thumbup:
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

quebin
Resident

Postby quebin » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:39 pm

Most photograph shops have a passport photo facility.There's one in El Igenio in Velez Malaga that I used to get prints for all the official stuff here. Maybe something closer to you will have the same.

janda_grant2
Resident

Postby janda_grant2 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:47 pm

Fotoprix in Puente Genil will do you a set of passport photos while you wait - they even let you see the photos before they print them,so you can confirm you are happy with them.
I can spell but I can't type

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:56 pm

As Beachcomber says, there are strict requirements for UK Passport photos and the Spanish Photo booths don't meet those requirements. The Embassy web page explains it all.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:45 pm

masterob wrote:As Beachcomber says, there are strict requirements for UK Passport photos and the Spanish Photo booths don't meet those requirements. The Embassy web page explains it all.
I have taken the photos myself and printed them and have had them accepted by the embassy.

There is no reason why the booths cannot produce acceptable photos so long as they are the right size.

Sid

bunty
Resident

Postby bunty » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:57 am

I have also just started to think about renewing my passport.The thing that gets me though is having to find someone to sign on back of photo etc.I don't know any english speaking people and I do find it rather strange to get someone to sign who doesn't even understand what they are signing.
Still mustn't complain!!
I have double-nationality with a South American country and it has taken me 10 months to renew that passport including two journeys to Madrid and it only lasts for 5 years!!!!!!!The only reason I renew it is that if I ever go back to that country I can only enter on that passport.

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:45 pm

bunty wrote: I have double-nationality with a South American country and it has taken me 10 months to renew that passport including two journeys to Madrid and it only lasts for 5 years!!!!!!!The only reason I renew it is that if I ever go back to that country I can only enter on that passport.
That's intriguing, a S American country that won't accept a British passport. Hmm.....

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:52 pm

bunty wrote:
I have also just started to think about renewing my passport.The thing that gets me though is having to find someone to sign on back of photo etc.I don't know any english speaking people and I do find it rather strange to get someone to sign who doesn't even understand what they are signing.
Still mustn't complain!!
Are you sure you need to get the photos signed when you are renewing a UK Passport? I renewed mine last year (admittedly while I was in the UK) and I didn't get anyone to sign the photos. I thought it only applied to new applications.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:37 pm

masterob wrote:
Are you sure you need to get the photos signed when you are renewing a UK Passport? I renewed mine last year (admittedly while I was in the UK) and I didn't get anyone to sign the photos. I thought it only applied to new applications.
There is nothing on the application form or the guidance document that suggests you don't need to get someone to sign the photos - either way you need a signature of someone to confirm that they know you.

http://centralcontent.fco.gov.uk/resour ... orm-c1.pdf
http://centralcontent.fco.gov.uk/resour ... -notes.pdf

Sid

murbisa
Resident

Postby murbisa » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:03 pm

We did ours in the UK last June and we didn't have to get the photos signed. I did have trouble with my glasses that are tinted. Walked round for a while in the shop so that they would look clear before going in photo booth. They still came out with a very faint blue tinge. The passport office rejected them and made my do more in their booth without the glasses.

bunty
Resident

Postby bunty » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:57 pm

Chunky-Monkey, Yes U.K. passports are accepted in that S.American country but if you have the nationality of that country you have to enter with the passport of that country...
El Cid, Yes, I have read the notes about the countersignature but they don't make things too clear.At the end of photo information it says that if your application "needs" to be countersigned then you must also have a photo signed as well.So who needs and who doesn't? I will get mine done to be on the safe side though....

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:59 pm

Don't understand that. Some of my family have dual nationality and they can pick which to use, even ignore one if you want :?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:08 pm

bunty wrote:Chunky-Monkey, Yes U.K. passports are accepted in that S.American country but if you have the nationality of that country you have to enter with the passport of that country...
El Cid, Yes, I have read the notes about the countersignature but they don't make things too clear.At the end of photo information it says that if your application "needs" to be countersigned then you must also have a photo signed as well.So who needs and who doesn't? I will get mine done to be on the safe side though....
No it's not clear is it.

Frankly, unless it is a first application, I think you could get anyone to countersign it. They process the renewals so fast there is no way they have time to check out the details of the signature.

Sid

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:57 pm

I am assured by someone I know that they do spot checks but not sure how frequent. The last time I renewed they asked for the name, address, job title and phone no. of the signatory. There is usually someone around in the ex-pat community, retired Teacher, Civil Servant etc. who can sign. If not you Bank Manager will do it.