How do you spend your days?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
swerve
Resident

Re: How do you spend your days?

Postby swerve » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:39 am

Which one of the seven dwarfs are you.
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

quebin
Resident

Postby quebin » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:16 pm

Grumpy!

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:09 pm

Maybe someone on here can help me. I have been retired for almost 15 years. For the first 14, my wife and I had no problem filling our days. Three months travelling (Spain or Florida) and the rest of the time doing what seemed interesting. Since mid-April I have been on my own as my wife was admitted to a Long Term Care Facility suffering from Alzheimers. Apart from visiting her at least every second day (originally every morning except Tuesday), I find mysely feeling lonely with very little to do. There is one couple who ensure that I go for dinner at their house about once every two weeks, Other than that I seldom here from my (former) friends. Neither of my daughters live in town. One is about 4 1/2 hours away (Toronto) and the other about 5 1/2 away (Waterloo). By car
Anyone got any ideas.
I play golf one morning a week but I have not played my own game once this year.

Suggestions greatfully accepted.

John
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:57 pm

John, I just wrote you a long, rambly reply saying how sorry I am to hear your news and suggesting you go on short duration cruises, or join a group with like-minded people but I'm sure you will have thought of that sort of thing yourself. The loneliness must be awful........please feel free to PM me if you would just like a friendly ear, I am happy to be your cyber pal if that would help.

Actually, as I write, I have thought of something that might help. Could you maybe help others? Housebound people who need help with shipping perhaps, or lifts to hospital etc. Your own life has become so sad I feel sure, it might lift your spirits to bring comfort to others?

If that idea isn't 'you' Plan A is still there - chatting by PM or e-mail :) All the very best, John xx

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:02 pm

Sorry, too many 'helps' in there! I'm wrriting on my phone and it won't let me see what I'm writing very easily, or edit. (dongle say 'No' today on the laptop) anyway, John I'm sure you got my drift!

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:21 pm

What are/were your interests John?
A willing pair of hands or a fertile mind are always welcome in so many charitable/preservationist organisations.
What would -you- like to do?
It's all out there, it's just up to you to make the first move.