GAS BOTTLES

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
patricia
Andalucia Guru

GAS BOTTLES

Postby patricia » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:25 am

Does anyone know if you have to have a contract with the company in order to get gas bottles delivered! My neighbours who dont have a car are finding it difficult to carry bottles back from the garage and the little grocery shop on the corner has stopped selling them :(
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Re: GAS BOTTLES

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:01 pm

Hello Patricia,
It is my understanding that deliveries should only be made to customers who have a contract, however the delivery men are salesmen and many would I think be happy to sell gas to them.
But to be honest I would advise obtaining a contract which would be much more sensible, that way everything is legal and no hassle.
It doesn't cost that much to obtain a contract, I would suggest having a word with the deliveryman.
I've mentioned before that I was years buying gas without having a contract, just never got around to it, but nowadays I think it is better to be legal with it....
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Gordon.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi Gordon, thank you for your reply. Yes I thought it might be the case, however never see the chap delivering gas bottles. Yes too true. I will pass the message on as it is difficult for them because they dont drive and so cant go and pick a bottle up although I am always willing to get a bottle for them!

quebin
Resident

Postby quebin » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:03 pm

Another reason to have a contract is that you're covered,by the gas company, in case of an explosion etc.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Thats true I hadnt thought of that! :(

carrowcrin
Resident

Postby carrowcrin » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:18 pm

Yes you are supposed to have a contract and this will mean employing a plumber registered to certify that everything connected to the gas bottle.
I do not think the people on the delivery ask for anything but an empty bottle and payment.
It is really a matter for themselves which way they want to go as having the equipment checked will cost a bit but then they will have the security of knowing that everything is as it should be.

Hope this helps

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:02 am

Another reason to get a contract and arrange for your gas to be delivered is that, I believe, it is illegal to carry gas canisters in your car. On a trailer and probably in the back of a pickup is probably OK, but not in a car, including in the boot. Many people seem to ignore it when they go to the petrol station to buy gas but I have seen Trafico stop cars near where I am and check in the cars boot. I assume that is checking for gas bottles. Gets to be a bit of a no-win situation if the nearest your gas man comes is 3 miles away, of course.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:56 am

Where I live everybody gets their gas bottles in the boot of their cars.
Never seen a lorry up our way.
Somehow I doubt if they will drive up our tracks.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:10 am

I can see the danger if there is an accident of having a gas bottle in the boot but as you have said Gerry they will not go up a track in the campo so how else are people to get a gas bottle to use!! and they load them in the car at the official Repsol place in Nerja!! as well as the petrol stations.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:21 am

Official Repsol have a truck in the centre of marbella where people collect their own. There is also one at the entrance to La Cala de mijas market.

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:31 pm

There is also one at the entrance to La Cala de mijas market
Only on a Saturday morning; also one near Dunnes Store, off the N340 on a Saturday. The Repsol depot is also not far from there and you can pick one up there.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!