Banking free??

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
carrowcrin
Resident

Banking free??

Postby carrowcrin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:27 am

I am wondering if anyone can advise me on this as i have a few "pet hates" and banking charges is right up there.
At the moment i pay a standard €2.50 a month, i pay €20.00 for a debit card and there are other smaller charges that i do not have to hand as which is normal for me i ask the question when i am in the UK but all the information in Spain.
I would like to be able to drop the monthly charge if at all possible and i do realize there will probably always be a charge for debit/credit cards.
Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Stoker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Banking free??

Postby Stoker » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:06 am

Try Cajamar -the only charge that I have experienced was in the first year when my wife didn't use her card at all. I think they have someone who can speak English in most branches.

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:07 pm

Stoker wrote:Try Cajamar -the only charge that I have experienced was in the first year when my wife didn't use her card at all. I think they have someone who can speak English in most branches.
I agree, they dont charge for normal transactions and have online access.
Hardworking resident !!

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:42 pm

Try Banca March also - but you have to insist on the FREE account (you need a minimum of 1500 Euros in the account at any one time to comply !

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:14 pm

Santander have free banking if a pension is paid in. We saw adverts on the while watching football last week, said about free banking with BBVA. Think you have ti be 59 for BBVA.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Remember someone has to pay those poor bankers bonuses !

anyroads

carrowcrin
Resident

Postby carrowcrin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Thanks for replies as i now have a bit of info i can try to improve the bank charges, i was begginning to think that no-one was talking to me as its ages since i put up the original post.

Thanks again