Still trying to understand IBI charges !

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Drfernandez18
Tourist

Still trying to understand IBI charges !

Postby Drfernandez18 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:53 pm

Just spoken to my Spanish neighbour whilst on the way to pay my annual IBI of € 390.00 .

Now I know in the scheme of things this is still much much cheaper than it would be if I were still
in the UK - so maybe I should not complain too much :) however I live in a four storey town house ( the bottom floor being garage and entrance to the house only ) and no garden. My neighbour on the other
hand is in a very similar size house, but with garden - land and outhouses ( of course ) they are complaining to me that their IBI is so expensive at € 210.00 How on earth is this calculated.

I was originally told it is purely on the size of the house - does anybody out there know by any chance ?

Many thanks.

fyfin
Resident

Re: Still trying to understand IBI charges !

Postby fyfin » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:07 pm

Well I'm no expert and I'm surprised you have not had a reply yet but I can see from my IBI bill that is based on the value of construction , I guess it means based on cost of construction of the building and an additional valor suelo which is a value on the land. The two together add up to Valor Cadastral total and as fas as I can see bears no resemblance to the selling price , purchase price or valuation.

In our case it is a low €17,000 for a 2 bed apartment and in my locality the percentage payable for IBI is 0.60% so only €102 to pay.

I have seen much greater valuations on other forums and also I believe it depends on when the house was valued , maybe your neighbours is older, had been extended without the authorities knowing etc.

Sorry I can't be a greater help.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Liz Fox
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Liz Fox » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:58 pm

I thought it went on total floor area of the property. Just like when you see a place for sale and they say "?" metres constructed. My bill shows the total area of the property - suelo. And Floor area of the building - Const.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:48 am

My valor catastral was originally 2,838.15 euros when I bought the place with a % payable of 0,74%. It was re-rated in 2005 & th VC went down to 2,368.72 euros with a % of 0,675% !!
The house was built 100+ years ago & the figure payable is for 120m2 of living area.
Todos somos Lorca.