Satellite TV

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
alicia
Andalucia.com Amigo

Satellite TV

Postby alicia » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:35 am

Hi

Last night (Thursday) when I sat down to watch a bit of telly, virtually all the channels showed no signal. Has something happened that I don´t know about such as satellites being moved or changed or something???? I thought maybe it might just be the weather but this morning when I got up, I checked the tv and still the same problem. The satellites I am tuned into are Astra and Hotbird!!

Any info gratefully received as always.

quebin
Resident

Re: Satellite TV

Postby quebin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:48 am

No doubt the technical guy will answer the question, I've not had any problems since the channels have been rejigged in fact it seems to be better.Even during that terrible rain a couple of weeks ago didn't cause that many interruptions to the signal.

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:22 pm

No - theres nowt wrong with the reception here.

So you have a few DIY options....
Borrow someone elses 'Box' to check its not yours that has gone
Fiddle with the cable... make sure its seated correctly at both ends
If you have a multimeter, check the continuity of the cable.
Check your dish is tight and not wobbling about
Consider getting a new LNB ( the reciver thing on the end of the arm that the cable attaches to)
Failing that - GSI . ( Get Someone In )

Hope that helps

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Maybe try a rescan.
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Laslomas
Resident

Postby Laslomas » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:47 pm

Have you tried unplugging it from the mains for half an hour and re-booting. This usually sorts mine out. Good Luck.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:48 pm

I've been there in the past and after trying all the things mentioned it turned out to be the dish had moved because of high winds. Even worse it had warped slightly and it took a bit of twisting about to get it back. I didn't realise that was the problem so I called someone in which cost me €40 - they were sure it was the box or the lnb etc but it was the dish problem.
I'm thinking about one of the ones that don't warp too easily - mentione earlier on this forum.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

alicia
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alicia » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi

Thank you all for your much appreciated suggestions. In the end, I did what one kind person suggested and unplugged everthing for a few hours and then replugged it all back in and .....hey presto "NORMAL SERVICE" resumed. Phew.............

Gracias once again.