Electricity bills

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Electricity bills

Postby oliveview01 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:23 pm

Hubby read today in Diario de Sevilla that electricity bills are going back to every other month. Will make a few folk happy. We have never really had bills vastly over estimated, they have been pretty close to the real reading (we have something on the pc, put in reading and amount comes up, so we always know where we are with the electricity and water)

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Electricity bills

Postby gerryh » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:53 pm

My meter is read every other month, consumption is estimated for the other month.
So if we go to paying every other month will it coincide with the meter reading month or the estimated month? :think: :think:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:07 pm

No more estimated only a bill for when the reading is done, but we are talking electricity company here, so who knows!!

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:14 pm

Perhaps we'll get the meter read now then ! 9 Months since the last time someone came ! Hasn't been any good since 2007 when they subbed it out to a service company.
Todos somos Lorca.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:12 pm

Its all a ridiculous waste as when the digital meters come in they will know the elec consumption automatically.....no need for a meter reader

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:27 pm

The consumption on my last bill but one was estimated at 993 kWh at €0,142319kWh amounting to €141,32. My latest bill has been calculated from the last real reading at €0,143882 kWh but the consumption for the estimated reading has only been compensated at €0,142319. According to my calculations Endesa has defrauded me to the amount of just under €2.

Taking into account the cost of making a lengthy 902 call to an obstructive call centre operator in Latin America it is not worth challenging but if they have done the same thing with the bills of several million consumers across the country it adds up to a nice little extra profit for the month.
Let's go Brandon!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:35 pm

Maybe I'm missing the point but all three figures for the unit costs are the same.

Sid

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:49 pm

One of the figures is/are different........
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:00 pm

I must clean my glasses!

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:01 pm

Yes I did make a mistake on one of the figures although it was different from the other two. I have now corrected it.
Let's go Brandon!

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:26 pm

oliveview01 wrote:Hubby read today in Diario de Sevilla that electricity bills are going back to every other month. Will make a few folk happy. We have never really had bills vastly over estimated, they have been pretty close to the real reading (we have something on the pc, put in reading and amount comes up, so we always know where we are with the electricity and water)
We never see an electricity bill but hopefully will sort that out when we are over in February. Seems no address was entered when we bought the apartment. The other thing is that we don't get to see our meter either as it's in a communal room and we have no key, so we don't get to check anything. I don't think anyone has a key as it is a services room. Again I will check when we are over but I wonder if this is normal for apartment blocks. There are only 31 apartments in the building so it is not a big block.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:55 pm

It seems that by virtue of a resolution on 30th December the TUR cost per unit went up to €0,152559 per kWh on 23rd December until 31st December when it then went back down to €0,142319 per kWh at which price it will remain for the first quarter of 2012.

I assume that the charge shown on my bill of €0,143882 is probably as a result of the cost per kWh being averaged out over the entire period taking into account the changes in the tariff rather than showing x number of units at one rate and x number of units at another because they wouldn't have known what the meter readings were on the relevant dates.

Why would they put the price up for nine days? I think I must have got hold of the wrong end of the stick but I can't see where. If anyone can enlighten me from the information contained in this resolution I would be very grateful.

Revised electricity prices
Let's go Brandon!

metalmonkey
Resident

Postby metalmonkey » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:11 am

we are on a private line which is now illegal, we pay 19 cents PKW. we did get scraps of paper with a bill on and a total consumption figure, no start or end number. There are 12 of us on the line and everyone knows that the guy who owns it is 'ripping off'. We have had high tension wires in for nearly two years with the promise of 3 phase and a move to Endessa (paid for by the town hall with a contributions from each neighbour) BUT we have to have the low tension wires in and to do this all users have to agree to a 'project' to get a quote and then agree to pay...so we wait!
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:22 am

Hate to say this metalmonkey, but if you haven't even got to the quote stage, then it's going to be several years :thumbdown:

When we bought in 2006, the project had already been approved, but we didn't actually get connected until Feb 2009....
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:09 pm

As one who lives hand to mouth I view bi-monthly billing with some trepidation.
I have never seen it mentioned so the answer is probably no but is there no system for the bills to be averaged over the year and to elect to pay a fixed amount each month as in the UK if desired ?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:16 pm

Lyric wrote:As one who lives hand to mouth I view bi-monthly billing with some trepidation.
I have never seen it mentioned so the answer is probably no but is there no system for the bills to be averaged over the year and to elect to pay a fixed amount each month as in the UK if desired ?

I don't know about Endesa but Iberdrola certainly do that scheme. They are easier to deal with than Endesa so it might be worth switching over to them.

Sid`

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:21 pm

Thanks Sid, I'll look into it, search as I might I have yet to find a question you don't know the answer to. :clap: