Selling up ?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Stoker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Selling up ?

Postby Stoker » Tue May 22, 2012 3:54 pm

Chunky Monky wrote:A correador is usually a local who has their 'ear to the ground' with regards to the buying and selling of property locally. For a small fee of course! Not an established estate agent as such.
How do you find one? Is just by word of mouth?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue May 22, 2012 4:10 pm

Stoker wrote: How do you find one? Is just by word of mouth?
Go into the local bar that is frequently by the Spanish and say you are interested in buying a house nearby.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Tue May 22, 2012 4:39 pm

We have bought three times in our village: our house, an extension into next door and a solar. The former two using our solicitor (who we do rate as quite good) and the latter using our local newsagent/correador. Quickest, cheapest and least problems and in a complicated situation: the newsagent!
Brian.

Stoker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Stoker » Tue May 22, 2012 6:23 pm

Many thanks to all for the info about a correador. I love picking up these little tidbits of information. This forum is great!

Dr1Gonzo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dr1Gonzo » Thu May 24, 2012 10:50 am

anyroads wrote:Interesting article in today's Sunday Telegraph,

"Recent research from HIFX found that 34pc of Britons with a property in Spain (where house prices have fallen by 25pc since their peak in 2007 ) are trying to sell"

end of quote.

Seems a bit high to me !

anyroads
You'd better snap up some property cheap then because if everyone is selling, they are surely wrong...

janda_grant2
Resident

Postby janda_grant2 » Thu May 24, 2012 6:21 pm

Dr1Gonzo wrote:
You'd better snap up some property cheap then because if everyone is selling, they are surely wrong...

The operative word was TRYING to sell - not necessarily selling!
I can spell but I can't type

avellana
Resident

Postby avellana » Fri May 25, 2012 1:11 pm

scampicat
Resident

Postby scampicat » Fri May 25, 2012 2:23 pm

masterob wrote:There is nothing wrong in believing that life in Spain is the best thing since sliced bread. Neither is there anything wrong in deciding to move on, be it back to the UK or elsewhere. Each to their own. After 8 years here we are ready to move on, as it happens back to family and friends in the UK. Nothing strongly against Spain but nothing compelling us to stay for ever. Just one major snag - selling the house :(
I agree with this and we returned last December after eight years just because it was time to. (I'm glad to say we did sell the house :) ).

We have not regretted it once. We enjoyed our time in our quirky mountain village and we're glad we did it, but now we are enjoying a new life in the UK.

Stoker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Stoker » Fri May 25, 2012 5:23 pm

avellana wrote:It's corredor
http://tinyurl.com/ckv5sj3
Many thanks - now I know why I couldn't find it!

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri May 25, 2012 8:58 pm

Still trying to get my head around this sliced bread business....

anyroads

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri May 25, 2012 10:15 pm

scampicat wrote:
masterob wrote:There is nothing wrong in believing that life in Spain is the best thing since sliced bread. Neither is there anything wrong in deciding to move on, be it back to the UK or elsewhere. Each to their own. After 8 years here we are ready to move on, as it happens back to family and friends in the UK. Nothing strongly against Spain but nothing compelling us to stay for ever. Just one major snag - selling the house :(
I agree with this and we returned last December after eight years just because it was time to. (I'm glad to say we did sell the house :) ).

We have not regretted it once. We enjoyed our time in our quirky mountain village and we're glad we did it, but now we are enjoying a new life in the UK.
We came back today after a few weeks in Spain and got talking in the airport queue, like you do, and a guy there was telling us he'd had enough, had his place in the La Cala(?) on the market for 2 years, but doesn't really expect to get a buyer.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Fri May 25, 2012 10:31 pm

anyroads wrote:Still trying to get my head around this sliced bread business....

anyroads

It's always intrigued me.... Before sliced bread was invented, what was the best thing?

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Sat May 26, 2012 12:12 am

Rick Gale wrote:
It's always intrigued me.... Before sliced bread was invented, what was the best thing?
Unsliced bread!

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Sat May 26, 2012 10:49 am

Thanks, that's put my mind at rest.

however..... what do plain clothes policemen wear when they're off duty?

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Sat May 26, 2012 4:54 pm

Fancy clothing maybe? Best not go down this road lest we get reprimanded by the "powers that be"!! :lol:

P.S. Don't ask where the phrase "powers that be" comes from! :shh:

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Sat May 26, 2012 5:42 pm

Wouldn't be so friendly

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Sun May 27, 2012 2:54 pm

Interesting but predictable and not totally accurate (two days to queue for renewal of residencia in the Municipal Offices?) from the Daily Telegraph:

http://tinyurl.com/clynlsc

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Sun May 27, 2012 4:37 pm

masterob wrote:Interesting but predictable and not totally accurate (two days to queue for renewal of residencia in the Municipal Offices?) from the Daily Telegraph:

"The price of milk and bread has risen by 48 per cent during the last year, according to a recent study, and of potatoes by 116 per cent. "

Where do they get this stuff from ? I've never read such a load of old ********. the last time our bread went up was over 6 years ago ! Milk is the same price now, or cheaper, as it has been for as long as I can remember & potatoes are still as cheap as chips ! ( :lol: ) If people are suffering price rises like this then personally I think there's a large amount of profiteering going on.
Todos somos Lorca.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun May 27, 2012 5:02 pm

I don't know how are the prices now but potatoes have always been relatively expensive in Spain. The stuff will have probably come from a **** ex-pat who has sold the story :think:

Stars are just fr...iggy :roll:

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun May 27, 2012 5:50 pm

gus-lopez wrote:
masterob wrote:Interesting but predictable and not totally accurate (two days to queue for renewal of residencia in the Municipal Offices?) from the Daily Telegraph:

"The price of milk and bread has risen by 48 per cent during the last year, according to a recent study, and of potatoes by 116 per cent. "

Where do they get this stuff from ? I've never read such a load of old ********. the last time our bread went up was over 6 years ago ! Milk is the same price now, or cheaper, as it has been for as long as I can remember & potatoes are still as cheap as chips ! ( :lol: ) If people are suffering price rises like this then personally I think there's a large amount of profiteering going on.
When we buy sliced bread from Mercadona it is 65 cents. Used to be 60 cents then was on offer at 65 reduced from 70 cents. Never saw it at 70. Not just the Uk that can spin/market price increases. I make that 8.3% increase! I haven't noticed milk or potatoes going up.