change of address NIE Permanente

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
bunty
Resident

change of address NIE Permanente

Postby bunty » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:11 pm

A month ago the town hall informed me that they have changed the name of the road where my flat is...Can you imagine having this changed after having this flat for 37 years.....
Now I am in the process of notifying everyone my change of address.
This morning I went to Extranjeria to notify them as well and, after filling in a paper with new address,I asked if I could have a new NIE showing this. Well the chap was very nice but he told me that they have orders not to hand out any new NIE till further orders from Madrid.He handed me a copy of the relevant part of the BOE RD-ley 16/2012 of April 25, just the fifth part, and said that they still haven't decided what steps they are going to take before issuing new residence papers..
As mine is indefinite he said it didn't matter if I left things as they were. He has given me his number to phone but think I will only change my green paper if they give me a photo -card!
There is an email on the paper which he gave me where anyone can write if they have any doubts.
[email protected]