AQUALAND TORREMILINOS-CAR PARKING

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
casaalba
Andalucia.com Amigo

AQUALAND TORREMILINOS-CAR PARKING

Postby casaalba » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:30 pm

Whats the rules on car parking at this venue? Despite being directed to another parking spot further away from the venue, I parked nearer and next to a Spanish family. We were immediately approached by a "parking attendant" offering us to pay for parking, this was not offered to the Spanish family. I refused an number of times and walked away. There were a number of attendants "on duty" that day.
On our way out I noticed a sign "Aqualand Parking" 2Euros but the number had been written on the sign. I have read all the Aqualand leaflets and there is no mention of a car parking fee. Are these attendants authorised or are they chancing it? They give the impression that they will oversee the security of your vehicle.

probe
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: AQUALAND TORREMILINOS-CAR PARKING

Postby probe » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:40 pm

We've been going to this park for the last 5 years and the same guys have asked for the parking. We've never seen them not ask the Spanish. I've always thought it was official and just accepted it.

The whole experience is very expensive but great fun so have always taken the few extra euros on the chin. If you park further down the road they can't charge you!

annfoto
Resident

Postby annfoto » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:29 am

Hmm,
Never been but I remember when I was little when my Dad took us to Glasgow to somewhere like the Ideal Home Exhibition or the theatre, a wee boy would come up to us and ask for sixpence to look after the car - there was no question of not paying it as the damage that little guy could/probably would inflict on the car would be worthy of any protection racket.
On the several occasions when we have gone to Malaga with our gestoria he almost always pays someone to 'look after the car', but he almost always manages to get parked very close to Traffico, or the National Police Station. :thumbup:
Ann

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:54 am

We had paid to park the car in the official car park in Ayamonte, a man came up and demanded money, I said no we had paid money into the parking machine. We went off to find a shop and left my aunty sitting on a bench by the carpark, she saw the man go and sit on my car, she called to him to get off- when we got back to the car he had keyed all along the side of the car. I went and found him, ha d a big row, I took his photo (he wasn´t happy) and went off to the police station- they were all shut- National, Local and Guardia Civil as it was Sunday. We were leaving early the next morning so I wrote to the mayor of Ayamonte, enclosing the photos of the man, as I had been told the mayor was trying to clamp down on the thugs demanding money, I am still awaiting a reply.
At La Barrossa beach there is a parking man, who charges 1€, he gives tickets, he works for a charity, I think that is a good idea.
You see the ´gorrillas´ as they are called all around Sevilla, we parked for 3 min by the Betis ground, a man cycled up fast and demanded money, OH told him no, the man was not happy. He was demanding 2€. The town hall in Sevilla have banned the men, but they are still about making a nuisance of themselves.