More tax bills

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Marina
Resident

More tax bills

Postby Marina » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:08 pm

When I went to the tax office yesterday to collect the IBI bill, I was given a surprise gift of four bills that we've never had before. It says on them Concepto: T.BASURA INDUSTRIAL. Two dated last year and two this year. €84.60 each.

They are in my husband's name, but with his work address in Marbella.

He toddled off down to the office today to try to find out what they are, but could only understand that they are work related, nothing to do with where we live.

He pays autonomo and tax through our lawyer, so we are surprised to be given more bills. Does anyone know what they could be for?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: More tax bills

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Sounds like industrial rubbish collection.
Let's go Brandon!

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:46 pm

That's what I understood, but I can't understand why my husband would be getting billed for rubbish collection for an office where he works. He doesn't have a lease or anything for the office, he just works from there.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:56 pm

I know you said he works as autonomo but does he actually work for a company or is he really a one man band with his own clients?
Let's go Brandon!

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:06 pm

He is contracted to a company and only works for that company, but is autonomo. There is no fixed remuneration, it is a purely commission based role.

His clients are the company's clients.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 pm

Well, without knowing the full details, I would say that someone is pulling a flanker on him.

Also, technically, as autónomo, one is not allowed to work exclusively for one company. If he is subjected to a tax inspection he would need to be able to show that he invoices a number of different clients on his own behalf.

On the face of it both your husband and the company are breaking the law.
Let's go Brandon!

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:45 am

Thanks. I'll let him know.

The company did have a tax inspection a few months ago and they had to change the way some people were paid. Nothing was said though about my OH.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:24 am

Marina wrote:Thanks. I'll let him know.

The company did have a tax inspection a few months ago and they had to change the way some people were paid. Nothing was said though about my OH.
This is just a thought, Marina, but if your husband's name is on record as being liable for these charges and there are bills outstanding from last year (even though you knew nothing about them), that could be the reason why it seems that you were not given the discount on this year's IBI bill from Velez-Malaga. One of the criteria for receiving it is that you must not have any outstanding debts to the Ayuntamiento. If they interpret that as not having any debts to any Ayuntamiento within the province, and your husband's name appeared on the BOP for Malaga province as this rubbish collection charge had not been paid last year, that could just account for it.

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:54 am

one is not allowed to work exclusively for one company
Is not Exactly correct ... the wording is a little more precise in that you can not work Exclusively ,Regualrly and Soley for one company.
So long as you can prove that you Could work elsewhere or Prove invoices are not regularly consistant then your in the clear.
I have had experience of this very situation.
The same is true in the UK and the tax man is choosing to forget the other two constraints on the chance of catching out many single sole employee limited companies that are not fully conversant.
I believe that in Spain you can not establish a limited company with just one individual shared holder, but being self-employed has the same status.

Sorry Beach

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Thanks Freeatlast, that could explain it. We need to take a close look at why we've been given these bills. As you can imagine, I'm not best pleased.