Debt collection agencies

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Debt collection agencies

Postby olive » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:05 am

Due to an administative c£$% up by Orange they believe I owe them 17.70 cents. This is despite me having a long outstanding case against them with Telecoms Usarios etc.

Can anyone cast any light on how the debt collection agencies work here?

My belief is the utlities publish lists of debtors and agencies can then target the miscreants with phone calls and or letters. Presumably any monies paid in they then get a %.

I have been called by phone by two separate outfits e.g. Credipor and mailed. Both stopped when I Emailed the outstanding complaint details. Yesterday I had a letter from an abogado. I shall mail them a copy of the complaint too just to stop them. I should be totting my costs up and adding them to my complaint however there isn't a facility to do that!

One other concern is my name now probably appears on a debtors black list somewhere. I never intend to buy anything on credit so am not too worried. Should I be? If so if there is ever a resolution from Orange then I will ask them to get me expunged. ( I have just woken up and realised I am not dreaming.....)

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Re: Debt collection agencies

Postby Bongtrees » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:51 am

olive wrote:Due to an administative c£$% up by Orange they believe I owe them 17.70 cents. This is despite me having a long outstanding case against them with Telecoms Usarios etc.

Can anyone cast any light on how the debt collection agencies work here?

My belief is the utlities publish lists of debtors and agencies can then target the miscreants with phone calls and or letters. Presumably any monies paid in they then get a %.

I have been called by phone by two separate outfits e.g. Credipor and mailed. Both stopped when I Emailed the outstanding complaint details. Yesterday I had a letter from an abogado. I shall mail them a copy of the complaint too just to stop them. I should be totting my costs up and adding them to my complaint however there isn't a facility to do that!

One other concern is my name now probably appears on a debtors black list somewhere. I never intend to buy anything on credit so am not too worried. Should I be? If so if there is ever a resolution from Orange then I will ask them to get me expunged. ( I have just woken up and realised I am not dreaming.....)

You are on the train, it can take years to get off but dont worry, eventually there will me hundreds of thousands more passengers and you will fall off the list.

I have family with same problem with Orange in the UK, fed up with them harrassing my mother I called them and some wet behind the ear boy said most people just pay even when they dont owe it just to get them off their backs. :wtf:

So I told him that we effing wont and bring it on, take my mother to the Small Claims Court because we have all the supporting documentation to prove she did cancel before her move and that we would be counterclaiming against them........... so far 4 months and not a peep from them.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:29 pm

I had this with internet companies claiming I owed them money. I was receiving weekly letters from them all threatening worse things and increasing the debt - at least 3 different companies I recall. I got a friendly local solicitor to write to them to tell them I would not pay, but would happily contest this in Court - nothing has happened since - now 2 years on

Debtors lists don´t seem to have any real weight over here as most people are on one for an unpaid bill due to it never arriving!!!

And Spain wonders why it is going downhill - its because its business practices are unspeakably shoddy and there is no true work ethic here.....I asked for a price for some rejas 2 days ago, the man in that company told me last week work was REALLY bad and slow, do I have a price? Guess....

I despair sometimes

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:31 pm

I had all this with Vodafone (see other thread) and it DOES eventually stop but it's horrid at the time. I, too, told them I had the time and money to fight them in court but they just laughed. However, eventually (nine months later) it stopped. I had letters, at one time, from THREE different debt-collecting agencies. Very worrying and confusing.