Petition for change in Andalucia

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Julie
Andalucia Guru

Petition for change in Andalucia

Postby Julie » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:48 am

I saw this petition on another forum, I wondered in anyone would be interested in signing it, so I have copied and pasted it, as the posted said, we are all in this together.

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Andalu ... Corruption
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Re: Petition for change in Andalucia

Postby IreneD » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:36 pm

Signed it, Julie. :thumbup:

lojaman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lojaman » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:31 pm

I have also signed.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:33 pm

I know it doesn't effect a lot of us, but I am sure the people who it does will appreciate it , Thanks.

alexander1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alexander1 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:16 pm

Signed :thumbup:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:40 pm

You beat me to it, Julie, I was about to post the same link! Thanks for posting.
Let's go Brandon!

Spud
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Spud » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:58 am

Signed.

gina59
Resident

Postby gina59 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:11 pm

signed :angel:
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:35 pm

These petitions are a waste of time. I won't be signing it.
If I believed it might make a difference I would.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:20 pm

White Horse wrote:These petitions are a waste of time. I won't be signing it.
If I believed it might make a difference I would.

I agree with you entirely.

On this issue the Spanish government won't even take any notice of the European Parliament let alone a half cocked petition from a load of foreigners.

Sid

TerryC
Resident

Postby TerryC » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:16 pm

If everybody took the attitude of White Horse and El Cid where would the world be today? It is better to have tried and failed than not try at all is such a true saying. I have signed and I wish the instigator the very best of luck. Look what has happened today in the UK with the report on Hillsborough, it was only through persistance that the good people of Liverpool have been vindicated. We can only hope that one day the authorities in Spain "see the light" and rectify a scandalous situation. Perhaps this petition will be the straw that breaks the camels back, we can only hope. One further thought would White Horse and El Cid be so reluctant to sign if their houses were declared illegal? Perhaps they are too clever to ever have befallen that horror.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:24 pm

TerryC wrote: One further thought would White Horse and El Cid be so reluctant to sign if their houses were declared illegal? Perhaps they are too clever to ever have befallen that horror.
Not at all but I have lived in Spain long enough to know that these sort of petitions are a complete waste of time.

Nobody will ever take any notice - you are deluding yourself if you think they will.

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:58 pm

TerryC wrote:If everybody took the attitude of White Horse and El Cid where would the world be today? It is better to have tried and failed than not try at all is such a true saying. I have signed and I wish the instigator the very best of luck. Look what has happened today in the UK with the report on Hillsborough, it was only through persistance that the good people of Liverpool have been vindicated. We can only hope that one day the authorities in Spain "see the light" and rectify a scandalous situation. Perhaps this petition will be the straw that breaks the camels back, we can only hope. One further thought would White Horse and El Cid be so reluctant to sign if their houses were declared illegal? Perhaps they are too clever to ever have befallen that horror.
I can't see any harm in signing the petition, although I have to agree with white horse and Sid that it won't do any good.
I don't see how comparing the it to Hillsborough is helpful though, because in this case vindication 20 odd years later isn't what people want. A much faster solution is needed.

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:41 pm

TerryC wrote:If everybody took the attitude of White Horse and El Cid where would the world be today? It is better to have tried and failed than not try at all is such a true saying. I have signed and I wish the instigator the very best of luck. Look what has happened today in the UK with the report on Hillsborough, it was only through persistance that the good people of Liverpool have been vindicated. We can only hope that one day the authorities in Spain "see the light" and rectify a scandalous situation. Perhaps this petition will be the straw that breaks the camels back, we can only hope. One further thought would White Horse and El Cid be so reluctant to sign if their houses were declared illegal? Perhaps they are too clever to ever have befallen that horror.
You won't make me feel guilty with that sort of diatribe.
I stand by what I said.
Actually, Spain needs a complete political overhaul or a revolution, a petition won't touch them!

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:45 pm

TerryC wrote:would White Horse and El Cid be so reluctant to sign if their houses were declared illegal? Perhaps they are too clever to ever have befallen that horror.
Actually, I am the part owner of an "irregular house". I'm no cleverer than anyone else on here.
The petition is still a waste of time. Even the ex-pat pressure groups have acheived very little, for all their protests, politics and machinations.

Having said all that, I would love to see justice for house buyers in Spain.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Well my house isn't illegal (or irregular) but I still signed. I don't know whether that makes me more clever or more stupid than everyone else. Quite frankly, I don't really care.
Let's go Brandon!

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Better to try and fail than not to try at all.

Actually it may all be academic as we will all (Uk included) be living in a Federated Europe by 2014 or 15 at the latest as outlined by communist EU Commission President Barrosso . No Uk referendum, dithering Dave will by then have signed away what few rights the Uk still had and adopted the Euro.

The good news is the communist government setup (unelected officials) in Brussels will immediately jump on Spain and tell them to sort out the illegal house situation immediately. :lolno: :lolno:

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:40 pm

I agree with Terryc if we all did nothing !

But its not there to cause argument, just trying to be nice , show support, so to speak, there for the grace of God go I.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:55 pm

olive wrote:Better to try and fail than not to try at all.
True
olive wrote:Actually it may all be academic as we will all (Uk included) be living in a Federated Europe by 2014 or 15 at the latest as outlined by communist EU Commission President Barrosso . No Uk referendum, dithering Dave will by then have signed away what few rights the Uk still had and adopted the Euro.

Doubt it

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:14 pm

Julie wrote:I agree with Terryc if we all did nothing !

But its not there to cause argument, just trying to be nice , show support, so to speak, there for the grace of God go I.
Yes well said. Doesn't cost anything to sign it. Of course it won't change the spanish authorities attitude, they couldn't give a tóss about foreigners but at least it could generate a bit of publicity. I have never been an I'm allright Jack type.