Opticians

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Trooperman
Resident

Opticians

Postby Trooperman » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:07 pm

I'd be grateful for updated views on where to go to get new glasses at a fair price.

I'd normally go to Specsavers in Fuengirola but for various reasons I'm not traveling in that direction for the foreseeable future. My experience with Optica Baca in Ronda gives me the impression that they're not good value and nor are the lenses scratch resistant to the same degree as Specsavers'.

I've tried the internet route but my requirements are too complex for that to succeed.

Any independent optician I've been in (and there are shedloads of those!) are hideously expensive and seem to want me to advertise a designer's name on the frame.

Has anyone found value and service anywhere down this end of the CDS? :?:
nil illegitimum carborundum

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Re: Opticians

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:10 pm

I asked at a local opticians tonight who were advertising 2 pairs for 95€ I have progressive lenses, they are slightly more expensive the lady said- 395€ slightly? :crazy: :shock: That is a lot more expensive by my calculations!

Oh well, I will stick with my frames for a bit longer at that price.

murbisa
Resident

Re: Opticians

Postby murbisa » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:21 pm

When I broke my glasses over here I went to an optician in Alhaurin and ended up paying 500 euros for an new pair. A lot more than I pay in Boots in the UK for buy one get one free. They are very nice glasses but very expensive. The one thing I have found in Spain to be very much more expensive than the UK.